1. Yes.wombat13 said:I know very little about eerie black rifles, but HR1022 has me thinking that maybe I should invest now (I'm assuming that any ban would include a grandfather clause). My understanding is that a quality rifle would cost at least $1,000 or thereabouts. If so, I can't afford a rifle right now, but I could buy a few key components that would be included in a ban. So with that background, I have several questions:
1. Would focusing on the AR-15 platform offer me the most options when it comes time to complete my rifle.
2. I think my first purchases should be a lower and high cap mags. Is that correct?
3. What exactly is meant by the term "lower?"
4. I'm left handed. Is the lower the portion of the rifle that would have key left-handed features?
5. I've seen Stag Arms ads for left-handed rifles. Are they a high quality manufacturer?
6. Since I live in New York, I can only legally possess high cap mags that were manufactured prior to October 1994. Anyone know of a good source?
7. What are good sources for EBR parts in general?
8. Since I know so little, I might not even be asking the right questions. What other issues should I be considering?
2. Sounds great.
3. The lower portion of a weapon, ie the trigger group etc
4. No. You can put a ambidextrous saftey selector switch later ($20.00)
7. AR15.com and their sponsors
8. Sounds good to me; know your laws and limitations, and use AR15.com / us to your advantage.