AR15 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know who has Ciener/Atchisson .22LR Kits in stock? I've been looking for one for a while, but can't find anyone who has them on hand.

Any help finding one is appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Htown.:cool: I dropped them an email just to make sure they do have them on hand. If they do, I'll be a very happy camper. That's a pretty good price too.

Have you and your Dad had pretty good reliability from yours'?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the reliability has been awesome. as long as you do your part and keep it clean it will do its job. you may have trouble with lower powered .22lr not fully ejecting the brass. other than that way worth it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have one and have had no problems with it. and i shoot the cheap walmart stuff :mrgreen:. I got mine from Mr.Ceiner himself at the machine gun shoot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. And considering I'll mostly be shooting "the cheap stuff" too it's great to know I can.

And keeping the gun clean is no problem, but I'm hoping to use it as a part of a dedicated 22 SBR upper and later if everything goes well with a suppressor too, so I'm sure that I'll have my fair share in cleaning everything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
model1 has the dedicated ciener uppers. the bolt is different since it doesnt need the 5.56 case shape to fit in the chamber eliminating almost 2" of smoothbore the .22 conversion kit has. shotgun news did an excellent write up in the nov 20, 2007 issue.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
check out this:

http://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/cienerccukits.html

Ordered as a christmas present, just arrived last week.
Speednut,
The website is stating mid February. Did it say that when you ordered?

Htown,
Another company will be releasing its' own version that is supposed to be an improved design over the ceiner especially concerning the M16 units that JAC makes and I was told they'd be compatible with the black dog mags and would likely be offered with a 22 barrel as a kit for those who want to build their own dedicated upper.

I wish I could mention who and more specs but it's still in the testing stage, and hasn't been made public yet, though I have seen some testing footage of it being fired in auto, and I've ordered products from them before and I know they're a stand up company.

As for the Model 1 22 upper, I would expect that they'd be OK too.

But the main reason I'm wanting a ceiner kit is so I can use it in my SBR. If I bought a 22 barreled upper, it would cost considerably more than the JAC kit to buy the upper and then have the barrel cut down to my specs.

I have no doubt a 22 upper would be more accurate, but for my intended purposes, the JAC would suit my needs just as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a buddy in Washington State that found a couple on hand at SNS Industries and picked up the last two he had (one for each of us). He's testing his today and mine is in transit, so I don't have pics yet, but I'm looking forward to getting it.

I've done a ton of research and all of the companies you guys mentioned were showing out of stock, and a lot of other folks are having trouble getting them even from JAC himself due to the backlog. I'm just thankful my buddy was able to find one for me because I had exhausted all my options in getting one.

Since I may have to use subsonic ammo through the SBR barrel for the best results while suppressed consdiering a lot of folks have noted trouble with it cycling them, I found a place that offers lighterweight springs, so I should be able to remedy that pretty easily if I do encounter a problem. http://www.jbarms.citymax.com/catalog/item/3766994/3541941.htm

Now to get my upper back from having a gas port drilled and assemble it and get some black dog full size mags so I can have some fun.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts