AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can find C Products mags for $12-$15, or AR Stoner mags (made by C Products) for $10 on sale all the time. They both have the green mil-spec followers and are perfectly reliable in my opinion. Just do a google search.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheap and Reliable is an oxymoron :)

So If the C-Product mags and other USGI like mags are running as much and more often than not, more than PMags.. why don't you all use those?

My next batch of 20 mags is going to be the $13.95 PMags.. and last I checked, BoTac had them for that price and maybe cheaper in bulk.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can find C Products mags for $12-$15, or AR Stoner mags (made by C Products) for $10 on sale all the time. They both have the green mil-spec followers and are perfectly reliable in my opinion. Just do a google search.
+1 on that. You can find them at gun shows and online for about $10. Have never had a problem with one, but at that price, you can consider it disposable if it screws-up a year down the road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spent under $100 on 13 Okay mags from someone on AR15.com

I have Colt and C-Products GI mags and I actually like the C-Products better.

My C-Products came with Magpul anti-tilt followers and I beat the crap out of them.

I use them at the range, 3 Gun, and other matches.

They take a lickin and keep on tickin.

I like the anti tilts but I will not pay a premium for them.

Same thing with the black coating.

You should not pay more then $10 for a bare bones GI mag.

Seriously go checkout the EE on AR15.com

Even 44mag.com has a thread under the magazine section.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CMMG had the standards w/green follower for $9.95 recently, IIRC. I think they still do.

EDIT: Yeah, just checked CMMG... USGI 30s for $9.95 w/greenie.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheap and Reliable is an oxymoron :)

So If the C-Product mags and other USGI like mags are running as much and more often than not, more than PMags.. why don't you all use those?

My next batch of 20 mags is going to be the $13.95 PMags.. and last I checked, BoTac had them for that price and maybe cheaper in bulk.
Not for sure what the question is - I use Stoners myself. I've put some magpul followers in some but to be honest it's just because I like the look of the orange followers. I've never had an issue with the green mil-spec followers that come with them.

For maybe a buck more than the PMags you can find Stainless Steel C Products mags if you're really worried about feed lip deformation, and you get much more durability than a polymer mag.

The AR's been around for a long time, it's no surprise that manufacturers have been able to produce a quality product en masse for less than $10. It's not like there's a magical dollar amount between $10 and $14 that makes a magazine reliable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
check 44mag.com
+1 on 44mag.com

Right now they have a sale on the mag with MagPul Follower for $9.99.

http://www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CP30

SALE: 5.56 AR15 Magazine 30rd Aluminum CProducts
For a limited time all aluminum 30rd CProducts magazines are just $9.99 each. Limited to supplies on hand. This offer will end soon!
AR15 Magazine 30 round capacity .223/5.56mm caliber. Manufactured by CProducts. Meets all USGI military specifications. Brand new in sealed factory packaging. CProducts AR15 magazines are tested and recommended by NTOA (National Tactical Officer's Association). Available in mil spec dryfilm or black Marlube finish. Mil spec stainless steel spring or optional enhanced chrome silicon springs. Standard green follower or Magpul anti-tilt follower

Hope this helps
Hardwarz

PS - In no way am I associated or work for 44mag.com. I've only been a customer in the past.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
+1 on 44mag.com

For a limited time all aluminum 30rd CProducts magazines are just $9.99 each. Limited to supplies on hand. This offer will end soon!
AR15 Magazine 30 round capacity .223/5.56mm caliber. Manufactured by CProducts. Meets all USGI military specifications. Brand new in sealed factory packaging. CProducts AR15 magazines are tested and recommended by NTOA (National Tactical Officer's Association). Available in mil spec dryfilm or black Marlube finish. Mil spec stainless steel spring or optional enhanced chrome silicon springs. Standard green follower or Magpul anti-tilt follower
That seems like a really good deal. If I needed mags today I'd buy these as long as shipping didn't kill the value. Can't comment on shipping or service, I've not bought from them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That seems like a really good deal. If I needed mags today I'd buy these as long as shipping didn't kill the value. Can't comment on shipping or service, I've not bought from them.
Looks like shipping has stayed the same since last time I bought from them.

UPS Ground Shipping: Free on orders of $100 or more. $10 flat rate charge for smaller orders. UPS ground shipping delivers to the 48 cont US states. Not available for shipments to AK, HI, PR. Cannot deliver to PO Boxes.

USPS Priority Mail: Free on orders of $100 or more. $6.50 flat rate charge for smaller orders. USPS priority mail offers fast 2-3 day delivery to US states and territories. Can deliver to PO Boxes.

My friend and I pitched in together and purchased 10 mags each. Maybe you need to find someone to pitch in and do a bulk buy?

Hardwarz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
+1 on 44mag.com

Hope this helps
Hardwarz

PS - In no way am I associated or work for 44mag.com. I've only been a customer in the past.

Just ordered thanks for the Heads Up!! :mrgreen: PS Free shipping if you more than 100.00 dollars worth.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have boxes of those 44mag.com USGI with orange follower mags. They are dead on reliable. Great guys to do business with.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How is the karma mag holding up, KingAir?

Ya I will vote for GI mag; cheap and reliable.
It's doing great! No problems at all; got another class tomorrow, so it'll get some more use, heh heh heh...as long as the weather holds. Supposed to rain/snow tomorrow and it's an outside class. Poo. Thanks again, Fastboy! :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When ordering from Botach make sure you call and order from the wharehouse over the phone. That way it gets sent out that day and you know you will get it rather than finding out a week later that it is back ordered.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
44mag is selling CP mags for $9.99ea right now with magpul anti tilt followers, you wont get new mags any cheaper than that

1 - 20 of 39 Posts