Feel free to ask questions, will try my best to answer :D

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Come one man.

Have you shot with it?

Clarity?

Can you compare it to real Aimpoint/EoTech magnifiers?

Pictures through the magnifier?

Inquiring minds want to know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come one man.

Have you shot with it? not yet

Clarity? yes, the glass is clear, no yellow or blue tint

Can you compare it to real Aimpoint/EoTech magnifiers? Nope, don't have any, dont want to spend 330/400 +$ on a magnifier

Pictures through the magnifier? no pictures yet ;)

Inquiring minds want to know.
That's why i posted a pictorial and said I'd try my best to answer questions. ;)

I started this thread after I got home from a 3 day stay in the hospital .................................................................................... :p So tonight I started a new thread and included the Hendsolt LaRue "Po Boy" special that I got a few weeks ago. With my work sked I haven't had time to take that one out for a spin either.

So for now all I can say is that the glass in both of them is clear and they magnify as intended. I believe the Hendsolt will hold up since it was designed to be a sight on a rocket launcher :mrgreen: How well the clonepoint magnifier holds up will have to be seen.

:D

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you still haven't had a chance to shoot it pm me and ill give you my address to send the gun and ill get all the bugs worked out for you and let you know how it works.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How is the eye relief? The "real" magnifiers suck (only about 1"), so I was wondering if these are any better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if you still haven't had a chance to shoot it pm me and ill give you my address to send the gun and ill get all the bugs worked out for you and let you know how it works.
Yes sir, ;)

How is the eye relief? The "real" magnifiers suck (only about 1"), so I was wondering if these are any better.
about the same as any other magnified optic, say like my TA50....an inch or so +/-

How much is this thing?
this one (aimpoint 3x clone) was under $150 which included the mount.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes sir, ;)
this one (aimpoint 3x clone) was under $150 which included the mount.
new deal, if you are going to put up pretty pictures and make me want to buy things, you should chip in to pay, or atleast chip in to take half the beating from the wifey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got to tell you... After shooting with my new Millet DMS-1 this past weekend, it's got me rethinking the whole magnified EOTech thing.

Think AimPoint field-of-view, EOTech-ish illuminated recticle and 1-4x magnification. It's sweet! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, OK... not to jack the thread, but quick, yet really strange question (mag. related):
Anyone out there can verify whether or not a 3x'ish-sized magnifer (roughly 2.3in x4.3in) might fit in a MOLLE/PALS-compatible 40mm Grenade or Flashbang Pouch? If not, any other suggestions perhaps?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've got to tell you... After shooting with my new Millet DMS-1 this past weekend, it's got me rethinking the whole magnified EOTech thing.

Think AimPoint field-of-view, EOTech-ish illuminated recticle and 1-4x magnification. It's sweet! ;)
I have looked really closely at these. Is the 1x magnification setting actually 1x where there would be no distortion if you wanted to use BUIS?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can't believe how little eye relief there is to a 4x EOTech magnifier. I was playing around with one today. It's heavy and clear, but for $500 I'll pass. I guess if the government was paying for it I wouldn't care as much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have looked really closely at these. Is the 1x magnification setting actually 1x where there would be no distortion if you wanted to use BUIS?
After playing with it a bit at 1x, I'd say that if it wasn't a true 1x, it has to be really really close. I shot a bit with two eyes open and it was like looking through an AimPoint.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't believe how little eye relief there is to a 4x EOTech magnifier. I was playing around with one today. It's heavy and clear, but for $500 I'll pass. I guess if the government was paying for it I wouldn't care as much.

It is a magnified optic, not gonna be able to look thru it as you would the EO by itself ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts