AR15 Forums banner

CMMG barrel questions.....

3K views 3 replies 0 participants last post by  selectedmarksman 
G
#1 ·
I want to get this upper....

CMMG 16・Mid-Length Upper

New 16" mid-length upper. This upper comes with mid-length handguards and is complete with bolt, carrier and charging handle. CMMG semi auto bolt carriers have the shrouded firing pin to protect against hammer wear. Upper receivers are "T" marked and include extended feed ramp cuts. Features include gov't contour barrel, 11 degree recessed target crown, mid-length gas system, chrome lined 5.56mm chamber and bore, 1/7 twist, parkerizing under "F" marked forged front sight base and magnetic particle testing on every barrel. When ordering with optional gas block, barrels will not be drilled for taper pins. Barrel is marked CMMG MPC 5.56 NATO 1/7.

Whats the difference between the gov't contour barrel, the standard contour M4 barrel, and the M10 multi-role barrel which is MedCon?

Are the standard M4 and the gov't the same thing?

Whats a M10 multi-role?

I understand the weight diffs of Gov't, MedCon, SOCOM and H-Bar.

I pretty much have everything figured out but just want to make sure I understand the diffs between barrels. I hope these questions make sense!

See less See more
G
#2 ·
govt. barrel tapers down to a slim width under the hand guards until the FSB so it will be lighter, and unless you are trying to kill things (paper or furry) at long ranges you'll be fine with that. Not sure about the others.

I'm actually gonna get get a CMMG 20" barrel in Govt. profile. Or maybe a Bushmaster barrel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.