AR15 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you could have someone cut a Post Ban barrel from 20" to 16" to make a bull barrel?

Thanks for the opinions/facts.

:EDIT:

Nevermind. I forgot about the gas block and all. Doh!!!

will just buy another upper.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bull barrels aren't shorter, they're thicker.

You might have it confused with "Bullpup" which uses a full length barrel and has the mag located in the butt of the weapon. The weapon is carbine length, but retains the shooting characteristics of a full size weapon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was referring to the barrel not having a flash suppressor.

i have a colt 20" upper that is really thick. This is what I was referring to. Thanks for the reply, but I wasn't confused.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was referring to the barrel not having a flash suppressor.

i have a colt 20" upper that is really thick. This is what I was referring to. Thanks for the reply, but I wasn't confused.

You have the heavy barrel. The bull barrels are usually at least .750" thick.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right.

let me clearify.

I have a HBAR barrel. it goes from on size to another where the threads should be. If it were to be cut to 18" or 16" it would not have that little crook. So it would look like a bull barrel. despite what i called it that is what i meant that it would "Look" like. it would not have that crook at the end.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
get it threaded and put an A2 flash hider on it.

If you cut it off have a gunsmith re-crown your barrel or it will not be accurate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just talking about that.
How much and where do you get that done? Does it take a long time, and can you do that on a Colt HBAR?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts