Rifle Kit -Lower Parts:Standard Lower Parts
Rifle Kit -T Handle:pRI Gas Buster Charging Handle
Rifle Kit -Uppers:Flat Top Upper with M4 Feed Ramps

+DPMS complete lower, std trigger
+Magpul MIAD full grip kit/black
+Tango Down, vertical grip
+Magpul P-mag/black- quanity-4
+DPMS AR-15 detachable carry handle

is the above a good AR setup for $1,378.04 shipped?

is there anything you would change?(i know i still need a front and rear fliup up sight)

i have been trying to decide between RRA or Bushmaster recentley...but then i thought about seeing what Del-Ton.com has to offer...the above is what i came up with for what i think is a reasonable price.

would you go with a factory RRA rifle and then buy all of the parts to build what you want?
or
would you go with the above setup for a little more?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you leave a link to a shopping cart it takes us to the shopping cart as though "we" have been shopping. And, since we haven't added anything to our carts, it shows nothing. Can you post a list of the parts you're planning on ordering?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you leave a link to a shopping cart it takes us to the shopping cart as though "we" have been shopping. And, since we haven't added anything to our carts, it shows nothing. Can you post a list of the parts you're planning on ordering?
i realize that now...sorry.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would get complete LMT upper and lower. I am not really sold on LMT but they are readily available and are in vogue now. You will pay about the same price with all the stuff you want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JMO but I would just get a RRA Tactical CAR A4 or something in that range. RRA are the "Cadillac" of AR's. Guns and Ammo magazine made that statement in one review not to long ago... I personally own the Tactical CAR A4 and a 24" Varmint Rifle A4 and LOVE THEM BOTH!!! I have a friend that has Bushmaster's and a couple Armalite's and just bought a RRA and says he likes it better then the others... Just a thought....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like quite a set up. However, I agree with the LMT comments...a really good bang for the buck these days!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As far as AR's go, I don't know who to believe anymore. LMT's seems to get all the good press on the forums, I got buddies that swear by DPMS, all the major pubs will give good reviews to whoever they are reviewing, Pete in NH seems to be on the RRA bandwagon now, and M4carbine.net seems to bash Bushmasters every chance they get.

I myself think they are all pretty much the same. Stick to the major brands and you will be happy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you're going to spend that much, you can get better for the money than DelTon. For 1300 I'd be looking at LMT, or an RRA with a lotta ammo. I don't know where Bushmaster or DPMS fall in the price categories, as I haven't looked. My buddies LMT was around 1300 though and it's a nice gun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah..im just trying to weigh all my options right now.
Research Shop Compare Don't RUSH, the Zombies aren't knocking on the door yet :p

I bought a complete LMT Defender 2000 lower with the SOPMOD stock, Ergo grip and ambi safety for 435 + tax.
I bought a second hand but still new LMT upper with M4 handguards, RRA B, C, CH and with a Smith Vortex FH thrown in for 485 shipped. I've since replaced the RRA BCG with the LMT BCG.

So for $950 I have a complete LMT carbine :D all I have to do is pull a rear BUIS and optic out of the parts box and ROCK :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Research Shop Compare Don't RUSH, the Zombies aren't knocking on the door yet :p

I bought a complete LMT Defender 2000 lower with the SOPMOD stock, Ergo grip and ambi safety for 435 + tax.
I bought a second hand but still new LMT upper with M4 handguards, RRA B, C, CH and with a Smith Vortex FH thrown in for 485 shipped. I've since replaced the RRA BCG with the LMT BCG.

So for $950 I have a complete LMT carbine :D all I have to do is pull a rear BUIS and optic out of the parts box and ROCK :cool:

I am not sold on LMT myself, but I do trust they are good weapons. Though I do not know anyone in person that will push LMT, lots of reputable people on Forums do. LMT also has excellent customer service. I myself would buy an LMT if I did not already have 2 reliable Bushmaster M4's, and a Noveske N4 light. Also there are so many other weapons/accessories I want besides AR's.

But if I were to buy an AR right now, my #1 choice would be an LMT.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A complete STAG is another option.. I don't know much about Del-ton though. Seems a bit pricey for what you're getting. Call Pete over at AR15SALES.COM and see what he's got.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I know this thread is a few weeks old.

That said, a few comments:

1. That "TiN Bolt & Carrier" costs you $150 in that kit ($85 option over standard, no BCG is a $65 deduction). You can buy a complete LMT BCG from G&R Tactical for $129 + <$7 shipping, and it is properly staked, and has the Crane o-ring, black extractor insert, and is HPT/MP tested.

2. Ditch that removable carry handle and get a folding BUIS instead...that'll keep doors open for you more so than the CH will with respect to optics.

Another comment would be that you might consider a S&W M&P15T. It has the LMT BCG, Troy FF rail, Troy front and rear sights, costs about 200 less than that Del-Ton build, add in the S&W $100 rebate and it's even cheaper, and you can add on the Magpul goodies (which are awesome BTW) and still be even cheaper :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts