AR15 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of the cheap brands OK, like Barska, Bushnell, etc.? Don't need (want) to spend $300+ on optics! This will be for my PLR-16, so doesn't have to be super long range.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check out the Sightron, I have had one for several years and its been a GREAT sight. They run around $184.00 and carry a lifetime replacement warranty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
or go a little cheaper and get the Hakko TacPoint its a clone of the AimPoint ML2 i have both and while the glass is much clearer and the controls and a more crisper clicking sound when adjusting its is a great site for the money they run about $100 and are very well made, i have been using mine for nearly a year and im still on the original batteries on the low setting in bright light it washes out pretty bad but i just click it up a few settings and i can see the dot as well as i can on my AP on the low settings. while i would not recommend this site for daily duty on the streets or in the sandbox its is definitely great for range duty and will hold up. there is a thread over on barfcom where a guy abused the crap out it and put it through more abuse than most people ever would and it held up for over a years

all this and at 1/4 the price of a real AP

and the resale value on them is pretty decent as well you can pay $100 use it for 8 months and easily sell it for $75-$85 and move it in a day. or sell it for $95 shipped and move it in a few days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shop ebay for older used Aimpoints. You can usually score a 3000 for under $100, and a 5000 for under $150. None of them are clones either--they predate the Clone Warz....:razz:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just bought a bushnell trophy 1x32..
How do you like it? Is it parallax free? [FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] meaning that no matter where on the lens you see the dot reflected, your point of aim will be your point of impact.

Anyone have a tasco propoint?

[/FONT]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just bought a bushnell trophy 1x32..

Does the rear sight snap into its vertical position? Can you flip between close and long range or does it get caught up on the Bushnell? Does the front sight big the crap out of you with that setup?

I have the same gun and was debating that same setup, but I was worried the rear sight wouldn't work correctly or the front sight would block too much of the view.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts