AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go with the Eotech sight, along with the stag upper with railed gas block. I hate having the front sight post in my sight picture, so a flip up/down sight is mandatory. Gonna' order it failry soon. Check it out..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decided to go with the Eotech site, along with the stag upper with railed gas block. I hate to having the front sight in my sight picture through the Eotech, so a flip up/down sight is mandatory. Gonna' order it failry soon. Check it out..

Sexy! I'm jealous.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep, skip that railed gas block and put a regular FSB on it :lol:
that's a M4 carbine not a varmit upper :mrgreen:

But since you made up your mind.....go with a set of Troy sights. :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep, skip that railed gas block and put a regular FSB on it :lol:
that's a M4 carbine not a varmit upper :mrgreen:

But since you made up your mind.....go with a set of Troy sights. :cool:
+1

get over the FSB being in the sight picture. Its a battle carbine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice choice on the Stag...My Model 2 has been great. Forward sight is not a problem. Having the flip up front sight will work well for you as well. Go with Troy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm with you on having the front sight out of the way. Troy sights are nice and so is the Eotech...good choice on that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what S&W chose for the 15T, they are pricey but probably the best there is. I have one of the rear sights on one of my carbines.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Troy is the top of the BUIS heap for many. I have 3 troy BUIS, but I haven't changed over to railed gas blocks and most likely won't on more than 2 weapons. Not going to tell you you're wrong for wanting to take the FSP out of your sight picture because you don't rely on your AR for your daily well being. You'll add about $100-130 for the Troy. Other options are out there, MI makes a good FBUIS. Just make sure you get one for the gas block and not the rail. There is a height diff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not going to tell you you're wrong for wanting to take the FSP out of your sight picture because you don't rely on your AR for your daily well being.
So you and Mike are eluding to the fact that for a battle carbine the front site post is desirable? I assume since in the heat of the momment you dont have to flip it up if your batteries go on your red dot?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For the greatest part because the regular FSB is on there SOLID. It is pinned in place, not just held in place by set screws.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My point of view comes from my background. To me the flip up FSP has some obvious advantages besides LCF. But my training was all centered around a fixed FSP. Now that isn't to say that a good FSP has to be fixed in position. Mike does point out one of the better points for a fixed FSP, rigidity. If you're looking to change the style of FSP, well that changes things too.

Like I said, I'm planning on changing the fixed FSP with rail mounted FBUIS on two AR's, but they fill different usage needs.

I guess I just don't have an issue with the fixed FSP and with optics I don't even notice it unless I'm taking a long range shot with unmagnified optics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I spoke with Grant at G&R tactical, and his thoughts were inline with badshot and mike.

Heres a recent email:

I got your carrier staked.

I would never buy a railed GB. If you want a flip up front sight/GB, then
look at the new VLTOR or PRI. If your going to put a low profile GB in front
of a rail, then you should have it pinned.

Thanks,

Grant

G&R Tactical, LLC
www.GRTactical.com
[email protected]
1-888-9GR-GUNS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nikon 777: I recently purchased a complete Stag model 3 and an EO Tech 512 for the flat rail. I'm also looking for a front sight post that can be mounted onto the railed gas block. I want it to co-witness with the EO. Looking back with hind-sight, I wish I would have paid extra for the Model 2 and got a fixed FSB or even did my own build. At any rate, I'll check out the Troy sights. Are you using going to put a rear BUIS onto your uppper? If so, have you looked at the ARMS #40?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nikon 777: I recently purchased a complete Stag model 3 and an EO Tech 512 for the flat rail. I'm also looking for a front sight post that can be mounted onto the railed gas block. I want it to co-witness with the EO. Looking back with hind-sight, I wish I would have paid extra for the Model 2 and got a fixed FSB or even did my own build. At any rate, I'll check out the Troy sights. Are you using going to put a rear BUIS onto your uppper? If so, have you looked at the ARMS #40?
Yeah I'm gonna just go with the standard FSB based on all of you guy's recommendations. I do like the ARMS #40. What do you think of it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've got an ARMS #40 on order, but now I'm wondering if I should have gotten the low profile one. Where are you getting the standard FSB from and how/where are you mounting it?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts