AR15 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any significance to the different colored mag followers? Or is it just a visibility thing?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in what mags ?
and what colors?

in general, OLD school GI black followers are garbage. Less old school green followers are better. New school magpul followers (available in many colors) are best.

and yes, for the newer magpul ones, the bright colors are mainly for visibility.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
black followers get replaced immediately,

green followers stay if they function properly

either of the above get upgraded to either MAGPUL gray or orange (color means nothing to MAGPUL now IIRC)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought four AR mags from 44Mag. I got the CProducts with Magpul followers and just picked the yellow follower.

Ok, I was just wondering about the colors. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought four AR mags from 44Mag. I got the CProducts with Magpul followers and just picked the yellow follower.

Ok, I was just wondering about the colors. Thanks.
They are personal preference only. Some people like the orange follower for visibility when showing clear or being a safe when doing dry drills.

Personally I am going to be getting a bunch of the Magpul Orange mags to tell them apart from everyone else's mags in 3-gun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For MagPul followers:

Tan is 1st Gen
Grey/Orange is Gen2
Foliage Green/Yellow is Gen 3

Each Gen allows for better fit into more manufacturer's mags. Even MilSpec isn't MilSpec outside the US.

Hardwarz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are these Magpul's generations?
Yes, current production of the MagPul Follower (Gen3) is Foliage Green/Yellow

The older black and lime green colors are GI issue. Black follower are old or imported (Usually from Asian manufacturers.)

Hardwarz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i didnt know there is a new magpul folower. i have the gray one and it works great. whats the difference between the 2nd and 3rd generations?

the magpul p-mags have a black follower but it isnt the same one as the original black mag follower. if you have the p-mags dont worry about the follower the black one works perfect but in all other alluminum mags i use the gray/orange ones

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good thing I picked the yellow ones. I'll probably order some 20 round ones for our carbine IDPA match.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I wonder why Magpul made new followers, the old ones worked great, even transformed my non-usable mags with old school black followers and made them usable again.

But then again nothing wrong with making it better!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts