AR15 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the Millett DMS mounted and ready to sight in this weekend. I chambered a round in the AR and looked through the scope and noticed something on the glass. After cleaning both objective and eyepiece, it was still there. Then I noticed 2 other "things" in the glass. I fired a couple of rounds and they were gone, but there were others. Everytime I fired, they moved around.

This is very frustrating and it will go back to Millett. Hopefully they still have some and I won't have to wait months to get a replacement. Other than this, I still really like the scope.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't seem like it. It is more like some particles of something in the tube in front of the magnification, as zooming in does absolutely nothing. It seemed as though there were little fragments of something jammed between 2 pieces of glass being jarred around every time I fired or racked the charging handle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope the fragments are there whether the illumination is on or not. And they move after every shot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard great things about their customer service.
They might be a little short staffed with the Shot Show on, but call in the AM.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds like you got one with the mold/fungus issues :-(
I don't think it is the fungus issue. With the fungus issue it looks like your glass is stained with soap stains and you onle notice it at night. This one is much worse than that. Seems like you got the reticle or any other thing inside the scope falling apart and sticking to the glasss.

For my first Millet I was very happy with it besides the fungus issue. The 2nd one had no fungus issue but glass did not seem clear. How am I suppose to claim "your glass sucks?" what is there I can gauge?

I have to Millets (both from Midway), so I am not talking down on Millet, but if you want first great glass the Millet is not it. For the price it is not bad, but don't expect to conquer the world with the Millet.

Bottom line is you get what you pay for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I just got this over a week ago from smokewagongear.com. I hear they are all sold out now.

I don't expect too much out of a scope in this price range, however, I do expect it to not have little pieces floating around. I bought a $30 BSA that I put on my 10-22 that is really a pretty good scope, with no problems either.

I put a call in to them this morning and they weren't in yet. So we'll see what happens.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I mean you did buy a gen 1 for cheaper from smokewagongear.com so they could have been blemished ones.

Either way Millet customer service will hook you up.

I am still going to be first in line to get a new LRS-1 when they come out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Millett is real good about taking care of these issues, they just aren't what you'd call fast.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well bare in mind that a lot of folks are at the SHOT show this week. When I say not fast, it's still usually less than a month from all reports.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well bare in mind that a lot of folks are at the SHOT show this week. When I say not fast, it's still usually less than a month from all reports.
If it's a month or less I can handle that. But I don't want to be waiting 2-3 or even 4 months to get a replacement. If that is the case, I want my money back and will get something else. It is a really nice scope, minus the problem, but I don't spend money on something only to have to wait that long to get to use it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You said you bought it from Midway.
They are awesome, although since it's been mounted that might remove their ability to replace it. Nonetheless, it might be worth a call there as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I spoke with Millett today. They actually called, like I asked in my letter, to let me know they had received the scope yesterday. He said they were on backorder right now, but don't anticipate it taking too long to get them in. He said I should expect it in 2-3 weeks. That isn't too bad. I just wish companies would keep a few of some items in stock to send as replacements on the ones that go bad, but I can't complain too much. So far, their CS has been outstanding.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Excellent to hear from another (XD local even) that they are as good as some others have reported. Did you ask about maybe just getting them to send you a Gen2?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didn't ask, but I have heard from others that had problems with the Gen 1 scopes that they received a Gen 2 as replacement.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts