AR15 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To keep this specific to the Millett DMS 1 scope I started a new thread.

Specifically, I'd like to know about the reticle. If I were to see a terrorist milk jug at say 200 yards will the donut part of the reticle obscure it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To keep this specific to the Millett DMS 1 scope I started a new thread.

Specifically, I'd like to know about the reticle. If I were to see a terrorist milk jug at say 200 yards will the donut part of the reticle obscure it?
ichy, you are too much. That was hilarious!

I think it depends on what level zoom you have it. I think if you have one 1x, the milk jug will be inside the circle, but if it is on 4x, it will partially cover the milk jug. I may be wrong, but I don't think by much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
man i have never seen a guy ask so much question about a $200 scope. Buy it already and shoot and figure out the holdover for yourself.

Milk jugs are about 8" accross. So no it will not obscure the milk jugs.

The Millet circle on the inside is 10 MOA accross. That means at 100 yards it is 10" at 200 it is 20", While the Milk jug at 100 yards is 8 MOA, it will only be 4 MOA at 200 yards.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man i have never seen a guy ask so much question about a $200 scope. Buy it already and shoot and figure out the holdover for yourself.

Milk jugs are about 8" accross. So no it will not obscure the milk jugs.

The Millet circle on the inside is 10 MOA accross. That means at 100 yards it is 10" at 200 it is 20", While the Milk jug at 100 yards is 8 MOA, it will only be 4 MOA at 200 yards.
Hey Cartmann .... by the tone of your response I am going to assume you could drop $200 on a scope and not bat an eye. No wait ... you're the silly guy who buys mounts made for Airsoft "guns". I shouldn't have to explain this but I guess you're more than a little slow on the uptake: if other members who have experience with the DMS scope (including you ya big dufus) wouldn't it be considered a good idea to pick their brains about scope specifics before I "figure things out for myself"???? :confused::rolleyes: Or should I buy and then decide if I like it??? If this is your advice then please shut up. That advice would make you an I D I O T!

Why buy if I can rely on the good looks and brains of the memebers here who have experience with the scope????????????

It's no wonder you've been banned on all those other forums you brag about being banned from. You tend to be influenced by horses asses from time to time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is already about 40 pages on Arfcom about this scope. Next thing you know you are going to ask will this scope make my butt look big?

I am not trying to be an a$$ or anything, just thinking out loud. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is already about 40 pages on Arfcom about this scope. Next thing you know you are going to ask will this scope make my butt look big?

Are there 40 pages or so on XDTalk about this scope, ya know, the forum in which the question was asked? If it bugs you, why even bother to respond? Just thinking out loud myself. :rolleyes:

You and ARin can feel free carry on now about who, technically, knows more about AR/AK gear.

Yes, this is a view from an outsider that doesn't even own an AR/AK yet. I will own both, probably by the end of next week. I would like to think that I could post here and ask questions that would receive helpful input from all of the forum members and not denigrate into a pissing match between a few members that consider themselves and their knowledge to be among the "elite" of the XDT forum members in the AR/AK area.

Is that someting you guys think I could realistically do? Thoughts?

Edit: I chose not to delete some of the personal stuff above but do feel a need to apologize for the personal portion of the post. I was wrong and that was uncalled for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nobody (at least not I) consider themselves elite....and there is no pissing. in any forum there will be folks with strong opinions, and reasons for having those strong opinions.

part of being a forum member is learning to separate the wheat from the chaff, and form your own opinion.

EC is right....XDTalk search function is useful for finding previously discussed topics....and of course google search is also useful to see where else a topic has been discussed. EC's delivery just dosn't possess a lot of tact.:mrgreen:

However, if you can read past the the "roughness" of his post, you will see that his EXPERIENCE with this particular optic allowed him to succinctly answer the OP's question.

Wheat from Chaff. have fun with it. after all, its the intarweb.;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Why would I want to go to Arfcom to wade through the chaff to get to the wheat especially since this was a topic just in the last 72 hours on this forum?

By the way Cartmann ... your butt looks big because you take after your hermaphrodite Mom who concieved you at a barn dance with everyone in Southpark AND the Denver Broncos. You are generally full of Mr Hanky and your ass is big because you mixed Kenny's ashes in with your chocolate milk all the while contemplating seamen with Tom Cruise and John Travolta in your closet you money grubbing coniving fat ass.

:mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not my pic............

Why would I want to go to Arfcom to wade through the chaff to get to the wheat especially since this was a topic just in the last 72 hours on this forum?
Why ? Because there is alot of info there about this scope and mounts that who knows how many people have experience with. How many here on this sub forum have one ? :p

AR15.COM :: Forums :: Millet DMS-1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are there 40 pages or so on XDTalk about this scope, ya know, the forum in which the question was asked? If it bugs you, why even bother to respond? Just thinking out loud myself. :rolleyes:

You and ARin can feel free carry on now about who, technically, knows more about AR/AK gear.

Yes, this is a view from an outsider that doesn't even own an AR/AK yet. I will own both, probably by the end of next week. I would like to think that I could post here and ask questions that would receive helpful input from all of the forum members and not denigrate into a pissing match between a few members that consider themselves and their knowledge to be among the "elite" of the XDT forum members in the AR/AK area.

Is that someting you guys think I could realistically do? Thoughts?
Nope there sure isn't 40+ pages of info here on the XD pistol forum about a rifle scope, and there are just a few of us on here that have one. If I'm wanting info on an AR15 releated item I don't come here looking for it :p
I'll go to the forums dedicated to the AR15.

Good luck on you AR/AK purchases. :cool:

Feel free to ask questions and someone will try to answer them.

If you look around here (this has been my observation) there are a few here with experience with the AR and related accessories. The rest are rather new. I don't consider myself "elite" or whatever you want to call it, but I've been there, done that, and just try to pass along what I've learned.
What does it get me 90% of the time ? Replies like..."stop pushing your kool-aide", "why should I spend x amount on that when this is just as good", and so on.

You asked for thoughts and those are mine. :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For the DMS-1 the small dot at the center of the 'donut' is 1 MOA, the inner diameter of the Donut is 10 MOA, the outer diameter of the donut is 12.6 MOA, and the thickness of the posts is 2 MOA (all assumed on 1x magnification).

I don't think you'd have a problem hitting milk jugs with this reticle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah but what about Zombie Milk Jugs? that extra 2.6 MOA might mean a lot at 200 yards/meters/MOA

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looked at one today ,I'm getting it being able to go from 1to 4 power great just have to get some good rings and I'm set.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts