AR15 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My landlord sent out an e-mail saying he wants to do a bulk order of AR-15's with as many people as possible so we can get a good price. It looks like he's out to order a ton of stripped lowers and kits for $675 a piece...

So now I must do some soul-searching: Do I want an AR? Or should I go with my original plan and make my first "assawlt weppin" an AK?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a tough call, Ish... I know it's not the answer you're looking for - but honestly, you can't go wrong either way... :) Good price though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AK = Commie
I just love the irony, though: A weapon designed for and built by a godless, despotic, totalitarian government, used by a capitalist freedom-fighter to kill the CHINCOMS when they inevitably invade our churches.

AR's are neat and all... I mean, ultimately, I want to have all kinds of guns...

*Head explodes*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. Yes you do:mrgreen:

Get 'em now while you still can.....and buy plenty of ammo while you're at it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$675 for the lower and reciever ? You might have him call jtdistributing.net if you call them and spend over $1000 you can get dealer pricing. I got some 16" car kits for $420.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$675 for the lower and reciever ? You might have him call jtdistributing.net if you call them and spend over $1000 you can get dealer pricing. I got some 16" car kits for $420.
See, this is the kind of info I was lookin' for.

Thanks for your input.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get what you're saying... Hmm.. Another thing is feel, too. What's you're 'style', if you would?

I mean, the AR is almost feels like a tack-driving tool with subdued kick of .223/5.56; a piece of equipment that is damned good at it's job and ergo's. An AK, on the other hand, feels like a true 'revolutionary rifle' - feral and simple, with a satisfying kick and mid-range knockdown power.

Like you said you can ultimately own both down the line anyway, so which one's gonna have your cherry? ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like you said you can ultimately own both down the line anyway, so which one's gonna have your cherry?
I have way more experience with an AK. I'm a sucker for stupidly reliable weapons but the recoil is a bit on the irritating side.

Another nice thing is it looks like this $675 price includes having a Navy armorer build the rifle for me..... Because I'm not sure if I'd get around to it myself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd be looking for an AR right now myself, but I have no place to shoot it to justify the purchase. Might change my mind tho, for the right gun at the right price. Those SIG 556's look pretty sweet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i went with the ar because its really easy to work on and its really easy to customize. aks are cool and all but the ar15 just has a nice clean look

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another nice thing is it looks like this $675 price includes having a Navy armorer build the rifle for me.....
That's always a plus! :)

I was actually gonna pick up an 'AK-action' Saiga this weekend (well technically not a 'true' AK, since it was a .308, but whatever...) I was actually quite surprised (in a good way) at how excruciatingly simple it was to handle. Some might argue but I really dug the sights too.. Then again, I already have an AR...

I will say this though - an AR tends to suck folks into 'accessorizing' it more often than an AK platform does, due to it's more modular nature. That's not a bad thing either... I'm not gonna start a flamewar here, just different strokes for different folks - All I'm getting at is that it's more likely someone who picks up an AR will end up spending waaay more $$ on it altogether (regardless of base price difference & necessary ammo) than someone who picks up an AK and starts shooting right away. Just a thought....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Even if I decide to go with this plan, the harder part will be convincing my wife that it's a good idea to blow $700 on a rifle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As opposed to a $2,500+ shiny rock, a selection of $800 handbags or a $650 pairs of heels? Apparently these are deemed necessities as well , from what I hear (sadly I must say, at least here in Miami)... I believe the words to follow are usually, "No, but that's different, Will..." :roll:

Surely, I jest... it is a significant of money either way you look at it & it's certainly understandable to be hesitant about making a large purchase of any sort when it's solely for personal fun while there are many important things in the horizon.

Perhaps it might be better to save your money. That said...GET THE AK!!! :twisted:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As opposed to a $2,500+ shiny rock, a selection of $800 handbags or a $650 pairs of heels? Apparently these are deemed necessities as well (sadly I must say, at least here in Miami), from what I hear... I believe the words to follow are usually, "No, but that's different, Will..." :roll:
Fortunately, my wife is pretty level-headed when it comes to the typical woman expenses. I haven't had to spend quite as much on accessories for her.

The scary bit is she wants me to spend $180,000 on a house.

Perhaps it might be better to save your money. That said...GET THE AK!!! :twisted:

Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do. If I'm going to spend over $500 on just a rifle, I might as well go for broke and get an XCR. Since I can't afford an XCR, I should get an AK and pray my ship comes in before Obama-sama decrees weapons illegal for us lowly peasants to carry.

Celestial order 'n' all, y'know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
An XCR's a fun piece too!

I just re-read that I see I may come off as snobbish... my pitching argument was simply a figure of speech, mocking the sad 'standards' my evolving birthplace is motioning towards... truth be told I'm still workin' to pay for my for the AR I bought late last year (mostly due to the same getting stuck on buying a house deal)... so I know where you're comin' from brother.. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My landlord sent out an e-mail saying he wants to do a bulk order of AR-15's with as many people as possible so we can get a good price. It looks like he's out to order a ton of stripped lowers and kits for $675 a piece...

So now I must do some soul-searching: Do I want an AR? Or should I go with my original plan and make my first "assawlt weppin" an AK?
My buddy loves AK's, he has three of them from different places. For the life of me I just don't see the attraction of an AK. I don't even like the way they look. They're too crude and look like a high school kid can make them in his backyard. It's not a gun I would even add to my collection. To each his own, I guess.

The precision and looks of the AR keep me from EVER wanting an AK with it's crude looks and even less than accurate firing ability. I actually like being able to hit the paper from 100 yards.

Blowing rounds out the back of wood or cinder block is cool but for me it's about precision. I could buy a big Bowie knife and throw it with the same accuracy of an AK, neither is for me.

My next rifle is going to be an AR-10. Sleek, Accurate, Black, Awesome, Tactical and BIG POWER. Yeh, that's the ticket.......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts