AR15 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with DPMS barrels?

I am looking to buy one for my new project.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I have one - it's part of my DPMS Panther - works pretty well too, the little gold colored thing goes in one end and the little grey like colored thing comes out the other end with great force.

I have a 1 - 9 twist, but haven't shot anything other than .22 out of mine (with a Ceiner kit).

I won't get out to shoot .223 out of it until spring.

Good Luck with your project, I waited entirely too long in life to get my hands on an evil black rifle.

- T

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Have had 2.....1 was trash, the chamber was messed up big time, the other is OK

Personally I'd look at something else ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I have two,
My DPMS 20 inch bull barrel is very, very accurate, and my 16 incher with open sights shoots better than I can see.
Cheers
Hillbilly Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I have a SS 16" Bull barrel that is fluted, crowned at the muzzle and was cryogenicallyfrozen. This little bastard shoots awesome with a Super Sniper 10x on top. It shoots sub 1" easy all day long.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I've got one; can't speak on accuracy though. I haven't shot it yet.

If your looking to run a bull barrel I'd definitely recommend a fluted or lightened barrel. Mine isn't and it is one heavy mother, it's OK though since it will be supported with a bi pod most of the time anyways.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Me and a buddy are building similar rigs and we are getting the 24" bull, fluted, threaded, and a JP comp on it. I am also gonna get a FF tube and Harris bipod for it.

It's gonna be sweet I hope.

For the price he gets with his C&R it's a no brainer.

Add my Delton upper and BCG and I am putting together a pretty sweet rig for slightly over $600.

Considering the cheapest stock 24" RRA upper I can get is almost that price without all the additions it is a pretty good deal I think.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
IIRC I paid about $413 for my lo-pro DPMS upper from midwayusa. It's got a FF tube, & railed gas block.

I slapped a Simmons WTC 6.5-20X scope, a Harris Bi-pod on it and called it done. So far my only real complaint on it is that it is chambered for .223 VS 5.56; and fit was really tight on my Stag lower.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
U can get a complete LMT upper for $430... 4150 steel.
But not a 24" fluted bull barrel. Closest you can get to that with LMT would be the 18" MRP at the princely sum of $1609.00

I'm not knocking LMT, my next lower will probably come from them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts