AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A company I purchased a LPK from emailed me, and said they were sending priority mail of the US Postal service.

Isn't this against the law? Or is it not?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nope. Perfectly fine. The only thing you have to be careful is the stripped lower. It is the only thing legally considered as a 'firearm' as far as an AR goes. Everything else can be shipped to your door.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A LPK is just a collection of parts not a firearm. It's perfectly legal for anybody to ship this USPS. The lower receiver (stripped or assembled)is the only "firearm" part of a AR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can ship whole uppers and parts kits though the mail. The only part of the weapon that has to go though an FFL is the lower as that is the serialized part.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably. DPMS LPKs come compactly blister-packed. They slide great into a jiffy pack and if it were your only item it would be cheaper to go USPS Priority than UPS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably. DPMS LPKs come compactly blister-packed. They slide great into a jiffy pack and if it were your only item it would be cheaper to go USPS Priority than UPS.
Probably so. It will be here tomorrow. It was shipped today.

So I guess that is better than ground.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am new. I figured you could get most anything from a major manufrakturer.

Next gun is a CMMG complete build.

This one is a CMMG Lower - this is a really nice Lower from what I can tell
DMPS LPK
COLT A3 Upper with bolt assemble + barrel, site, block, gaurds - 20" (Used and Cheap but not abused)
A2 Buttstock
Colt Detach Carry Handle
and 3x30 rnd mags

Not bad for $515

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A company I purchased a LPK from emailed me, and said they were sending priority mail of the US Postal service.

Isn't this against the law? Or is it not?
Nope the lower parts kit is just a grip, trigger, sear, disconnector, a few pins and springs there are no parts in a lpk that would be restricted to shipping through the postal service.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They make the standard LPK too .. nothing really wrong with the DPMS and if you're saving $20 on the difference between the RRA and DPMS then cool, it's your money :cool:
The 20 bucks is in vain if the parts/pins don't fit properly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts