AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard Dpms was sold to a gun lobbist, and in the process of shutting down. has anyone heard this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard Dpms was sold to a gun lobbist, and in the process of shutting down. has anyone heard this?
No DPMS was acquired by Cerberus who also just recently brought Remington and Bushmaster. In turn Cerberus also owns Cobb Manufacturing, Marlin, and I want to say H&R.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cerberus is a multi-billion dollar holdings company. They own GMAC financing and a ton of other stuff. They came to the owner and offered a big chunk of change and asked him to stay on as president. I think it was a no-brainer for him. :)

Want to hear some really juicy news? Cerberus is looking hard at Glock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cerberus is a multi-billion dollar holdings company. They own GMAC financing and a ton of other stuff. They came to the owner and offered a big chunk of change and asked him to stay on as president. I think it was a no-brainer for him. :)

Want to hear some really juicy news? Cerberus is looking hard at Glock.
Glock wont fall for that BS. Only America companies, Glock is Austrian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's like right out of some sci-fi future world; like Perfect Dark or something.
One mega arms corporation to rule the world.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's like right out of some sci-fi future world; like Perfect Dark or something.
One mega arms corporation to rule the world.
Well I got enough guns to where if I woke up tomorrow and everyone closed their doors, I'd be in good shape. :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anyone else played Mass Effect and know what Cerberus is in that game, or am I the only nerd?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone else played Mass Effect and know what Cerberus is in that game, or am I the only nerd?
I know there was a 3-headed dog in either Final Fantasy II or III that was called Cerberus. Cerberus was the legendary three-headed dog in Greek mythology that guarded the gates of Hades.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave Petzal. Wikipedia says otherwise though, so I'm probably wrong on that.

Daimler Chrysler, also, they own.
Yea they own Daimler and thats the only German link I saw save the office in Frankfurt but they have offices all over the world. Further research says that C's purpose of acquiring companies isnt to take them over but to actually help them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Geez.
That's crazy.
They act like they're all separate corps., but then there's always one group that owns enough stock in everything to control it all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Geez.
That's crazy.
They act like they're all separate corps., but then there's always one group that owns enough stock in everything to control it all.
Yes but like I said they (C) isnt in it for corporate takeover. I forgot which company it was, maybe Remington, but the CEO or President, whoever is sitting leading the company.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes but like I said they (C) isnt in it for corporate takeover. I forgot which company it was, maybe Remington, but the CEO or President, whoever is sitting leading the company.
Randy Luth owned DPMS and is now Prez, if that's what you're referring to. I don't think there have been massive leadership changes for Remington either.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts