AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
On their website it says they are the second leading US manufacturer of AR's...yet I can't find much feed-back about their product anywhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Did you check ar15.com?

They have a fair reputation, most likely not on par with Colt or custom rifles, but they hold their own with the middle of the road manufacturers like RRA, STAG and the likes.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
From just what Ive heard,dpms is average.Ive never owned one nor shot one.I do own a Colt AR and love it.From what Ive heard(again),why not go with RRA,Stag or a Bushy if you dont want to shell out the cash for a Colt?Colt BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
On their website it says they are the second leading US manufacturer of AR's...yet I can't find much feed-back about their product anywhere.
They suck. I am an armorer and every department I have worked for issues these guns. They are an armorer's nightmare. Contantly giving me problems. By the time they are up to snuff you could have bought a Colt or an LMT. Don't bother with them.
Pat

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
They suck. I am an armorer and every department I have worked for issues these guns. They are an armorer's nightmare. Contantly giving me problems. By the time they are up to snuff you could have bought a Colt or an LMT. Don't bother with them.
Pat
Most of the only "negative" information I've seen on the World Wide Web (emphasis intended) is from you. Otherwise I seen limited indifference. I understand your credentials and appreciate your input...you've forgotten more about AR's then I know....however, I find it interesting that the 2nd leading manufacturer and to your acknowledgement, "every department I have worked for issues these guns." are really horrible weapons.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Theres no CHEAP AR's,they all cost more than they should IMO.But if your like me and probably will only buy "1",then buy the the best you can.From what Ive seen the Dpms can run about $700-$900,so why not save a "little more" and buy the "1" you really want.Again just my opinon.;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Id buy a stag over a DPMS although my dads has functioned flawless. Alot of them are non chrome lined. Some bash them but for the average shooter it will be just fine if taken care of

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
The point that I think Alaska is making is that you can do better for the same money... their AR10's have a good rep, otherwise, indifference is about the right term for most folks opinions about their 15's..

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Most of the only "negative" information I've seen on the World Wide Web (emphasis intended) is from you. Otherwise I seen limited indifference. I understand your credentials and appreciate your input...you've forgotten more about AR's then I know....however, I find it interesting that the 2nd leading manufacturer and to your acknowledgement, "every department I have worked for issues these guns." are really horrible weapons.
The reason every department I have worked for issued DPMS was a cost issue. The agencys with more money issue Colts in the area. I carry a personally owned Colt. If you doubt me go over to 10-8 forums and ask Pat Rogers ( a world recognized rifle instructor) what he thinks of DPMS guns and ask him how many go down in his classes.

Every department I have worked at has had issues with 20 to 50% of the DPMS guns that had to be worked out. When your life is on the line DPMS is not a good brand to trust. The only thing they have going for them is low cost. If I were in on the purchasing of the guns when they were bought we would not have had them. All future department guns under my watch will be Colt or LMT.
Pat

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
I have a DPMS Panther Carbine A2.

I mostly shoot Wolf through it. Had a few FTEs, but nothing I couldn't fix by holding onto the charging handle and pounding the stock down on a bench or something.

Not one I'd bet my life on, but good for plinking/range fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
I swear by DPMS. I have a M-4 from them and many magazines and extra parts. Their CEO makes great contributions to the shooting community and Law Enforcement. My AR is well built and solid. Order their catalog and there is a company profile in the front that talks about the business in detail.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
I also have a DPMS A-2, personally i think its a good gun, got a great deal on it at the time and couln't be happier, Never had any problems with it to date, and would recommend one to a friend. That being said i am not a professional either, but i would say get what you think will make you happy with your purchase.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts