AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been shooting my AR at 200 yards and scoped.

My stock Bushmaster trigger is a single stage and I may be looking to replace it with a 2 stage.

Any recomendations?

The RRA ones are way cheaper then the KAC ones.

Also how hard is to to change it out?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should probably include how much you want to spend on the trigger. You can go from $100-$279 for a trigger.

Highly recommended triggers include

Geiselle triggers
Jewell
Accuracy Speaks
JARD
JP Enterprise

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aubie515 said:
Highly recommended triggers include

Geiselle triggers
Jewell
Accuracy Speaks
JARD
JP Enterprise
The Jard is not as recomended as the others on your list. I would put the RRA trigger there instead.

The Rock River Trigger is probably the cheapest out of the bunch for a non-adjustable trigger that will dramatically change your AR's trigger pull.

I have the Jewell and it is set to 2lb first stage and a 1lb second stage. It is very reliable and works well.

I also have a Geiselle and it is the absolute best trigger on the market for an AR. It carries the price tag to prove it too.

The average shooter will be well served by the Rock River Trigger.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
deepdiver said:
What does a 2-stage trigger do?
It give a cleaner trigger pull and trigger break. Think of the XD's trigger. In effect it is a 2 stage trigger.

You pull the trigger till is stops, First stage.

Then you press a little harder and the trigger breaks, Second stage.

The mil-spec AR trigger is like a rough gritty single action, because the trigger parts are not mated well. They usually run 6lbs or more.

The 2 stage designs break the trigger pull up over the 2 stages.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The RRA NM if tuned by WOA would be a better recommendation. Plenty of people like the JARD triggers even though DPMS does not recommend their triggers in the LR 308 Panther.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, thanks KOL -- will definitely put that on my list of things I want to have when I get an AR!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got the RRA in mine. You can't beat it for the price.
From what I've heard, though, JP Enterprises is the way to go, if you've got the cash.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BBunin said:
I've got the RRA in mine. You can't beat it for the price.
From what I've heard, though, JP Enterprises is the way to go, if you've got the cash.
JPs are great. They are one of the best for action shooting and a precision rifle. They are not the first choice for the NRA High power though. Accuracy Speaks and Rock River(entry level) are king there. The Gieselle is just the best you can get period. The tuning ability of a JP is the best in the world though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have a chip mccormick in mine and its decent but what do i need a match trigger in my CQB rifle for anyways.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guess this is the one area where I'm not really picky. I've got a RRA 2 Stag in one of my AR's and yeah, its smoother and feels a bit better. If you're looking at shooting your AR long range (beyond the average of 300m) then a trigger upgrade is worth it. If you are more of a practical shooter then there technically isn't much reason to switch from the stock trigger. It is pretty darn reliable after all.

It's all preference, but I just haven't seen a need yet. Even in my long range support rifle I'm using the stock trigger. It does make you focus more on your trigger control. Come to think of it, you can pull it out pretty easily (2 pins to be punched out and wa-lah!) and drop it off at your local smith for a clean up and polish as mentioned in this thread. That I would imagine would do wonders for the cheif complaint that most have about the gruff nature of the stock triggers.

Like everything these days with an AR, you get what you pay for and the sky is generally the limit on price. For the average shooter the RRA is a great deal and rather affordable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FYI I picked up some tools on Cheaperthandirt and an RRA 2 stage from Pete at ar15sales.com up in NH for $88 plus $2 for shipping.

For $90 I can live with it. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
scalce said:
FYI I picked up some tools on Cheaperthandirt and an RRA 2 stage from Pete at ar15sales.com up in NH for $88 plus $2 for shipping.

$88 Hmmm....

I may have to get another one....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
scalce said:

+1 For Pete. I have met him and he is a great guy to deal with. I have always saved shipping as he lets me pick up my stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I_Route said:
+1 For Pete. I have met him and he is a great guy to deal with. I have always saved shipping as he lets me pick up my stuff.
It's too bad I don't still live up there or I could drive up.

But then again I couldn't own my AR in Mass. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will I have any issues with pin sizing if I have a Bushmaster or is that only if you use the aftermarket anti-walk pins?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet

Any downside to using a 2 stage for 3 gun competitions?

To be honest I have never done one so I doubt the trigger will be my limiting factor.

Can you reset the 2 stage without letting it completely out to do rapid one stage pulls?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
scalce said:
Sweet

Any downside to using a 2 stage for 3 gun competitions?

To be honest I have never done one so I doubt the trigger will be my limiting factor.

Can you reset the 2 stage without letting it completely out to do rapid one stage pulls?
Not at all. If set correctly it will work wonders.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts