AR15 Forums banner

Drop-in trigger groups

2K views 18 replies 0 participants last post by  scalce 
G
#1 ·
I'm mechanically challenged. I'll admit that. My LMT built lower should be here any day now from Pete at Legal-Transfers.. I ordered it with the standard trigger. More than likely I'll ditch it for a "match" single stage trigger.

Here are my choices. Both hover around the same price.
1. Chip McCormick single stage
https://www.chipmccormickcorp.com/ar15-trigger-group.html

2. Timney single stage
http://www.mstn.biz/index.php?option=com_joomla_store&jStore=product_info&products_id=242&Itemid=59

G
#9 ·
I've been reading up on drop in triggers. Both single and 2 stage. On the single stage side people seem to suggest the timney more often.

No personal experience here, just my reading.

G
#10 ·
unless you have hooks for fingers you could install a 2 stage or single stage match trigger, i put in a RRA 2 stage and it was REALLY easy and it is abosolutly amazing i highly recomend it

G
#12 ·
I put a JP systems trigger in my last varmiter, I'ts sweet about 3 lbs and crisp. Minimum of hand tools, watch the DVD that comes with them and follow the written instructions and it goes smoothly. Also the speed hammer really cuts the lock time. Worth the effort and money. If you are a total clod with mechanical things I would sugest having a gunsmith do the job and make sure to use the anti walk pins for added insurance.

G
#13 ·
lol guys I'm not THAT mechanicall challenged. I was looking for a short cut. :p

I'll continue to do more research on the trigger packs. As far as the drop-ins Timney has the edge right now until the flat trigger CMC's are back in stock. I'm really interested in the JP drop-in but don't know if I want to cough up $270+ for it. I'm sure it's the cat's meow but I need to purchase other stuff.

G
#15 ·
eeek! at the price tag. At that range I'd rather get a two stage Geissele trigger. I'll look into it though.
I have a Geissele and I would rather have a JP trigger in all of my rifles now. The Geissele has a long reset and is more suited to NRA High Power. The JP is better suited to the USPSA Multi-gun world.

G
#16 ·
I switched out my Bushmaster stock trigger with a Chip McCormick. Took 10 minutes. Remove 2 pins and the stock parts fall out, drop in the one piece replacement. insert 2 new pins they supply and you are done. World of difference.

G
#17 ·
Having shot all the ones listed above, I like the Timney the best. The Knights is pretty nice too but it's 3 bills. The Timney doesn't need the anti-walk pins either because it has set screws to lock down the trigger against the pins.

G
#18 ·
Not to make it even MORE confusing, but I like the Jard triggers. I've now switched all of my ARs to a Jard of some sort... I am partial to the 3# non-adjustable for ease of install, but I have one 3# adjustable that is really nice if you don't mind tinkering a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.