AR15 Forums banner

dumb trigger question

984 views 5 replies 0 participants last post by  darkvibe 
G
#1 ·
Does a 2 stage trigger feel anything like an XD's trigger or did I get the whole thing wrong? I like the XD's initial "stage" and then the crisp final pull... I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself correctly or the question makes any sense...! But any clarification will be greatly appreciated! Thanks :confused:

G
#2 ·
Yes, it does feel similiar to an XD trigger. An XD isn't technically a 2 stage trigger, but there is a lot of takeup on it before the sear is engaged and then pulled, but it does feel about the same.

The first stage of an AR 2 stage is heavier than the second stage though, so it would feel backwards to an XD.

Hope that explains things a little bit.

G
#4 ·
I think for a tactical gun, it really does not matter if pull is light or heavy, single or 2 stage. In these type of situation you are going to be in panic mode, shooting offhand, and putting as much lead down range as possible as fast as possible as accurate as possible.

Now for a bench gun, where you have a good 3 seconds between shots, and supported by sandbags front and rear, then I think 2 stage, with a 3.5 pull is the way to go. But if you have this trigger set up on your tactical gun then that is good too :cool:

G
#5 ·
I'm with Eric on part of this. Mind you this is my preference..

I like the heavier stock trigger - cleaned up a bit of course - for my go-to AR's. Specifically anything that I think I have a chance of using in high stress situation. As Eric points out, you'll have panic mode, adrenaline, contorted positioning and a crap load of other biological reactions going on. I've seen plenty of competent civilian shooters forget some of the basics when heavy stress is applied to the situation. Silly little things like keeping their booger picker off of the trigger before being ready to actually shoot. That added tension on the trigger for the short range or "combat" guns helps avoid some AD/NG events.

Again on the longer range shooters where you'll have time.. or if you're just plinking and waiting on the Zombies to show up.. go for the 2-stag or higher end adjustable triggers... they are worth the price IMHO!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.