AR15 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i finally broke down and purchased an EOtech a few months back, it went against everything in me to spend that kinda money on somethin like that, but after i tried it out a few times i was hooked. Now im about 2 months into having it, taken it to the range about 3 times, and MAYBE put 25 hours on it TOPS, and thats including its "auto turn off" feature that turns off after a few hours. Anyways, went to the range this sat, didnt even get one round off before it died on me. WTF? not that its that hard to replace batts, but i would have thought they would have lasted longer... jeez... anyone else have same experience?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is yours an "F" model? Supposedly the Rev F Eotechs have better battery life; it should have an F on the left side of the hood as looking through it.

Also, I think the N-battery models are notorious for having the worst battery life.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had a similar thing happen. I have a theory that the battery drains while not in use!

Now my AA battery EoTech has been running on the same batteries from a year ago. It could be on that Energizer bunny commercial .... except it's running on Duracells! ;)

I wouldn't mind selling my "N" battery Holosight as I'd like to pick up one of those Bushnell Trophy scopes ... the 1x32 with the "dotted T reticle". If there's any takers PM me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Give EOTech a call.....there was some problems with battery drainage on the N battery models. Thought they got that straightened out but maybe not.
I've had my 551, don't know what version, but it is dated 2003 and I got it used, and it is still on the 2nd set of N batteries.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had my Eotech for about a year.I go through so many batteries I was hoping they would come out with an adapter so I could plug it in to the WALL..or I could follow the cord back home..Butit is a great site for center of mass

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's why I spent a little more $$ and got a Trijicon Compact ACOG. I don't like sights with batteries. I don't like tac lights with batteries either, but so far, there isn't any choice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My N battery 511 EOtech lasted about 25 hours. I got it last Dec. The batteries lasted until March. However, those were the ones in the Eotech already.

I then put new ones in, and it lasted until last Thur. After my last trip, where I had the thing on for about 5 hours. I got home and turned it on - and I noticed the low battery indication. So, I changed them out.

I think I got a bit better time out of the fresh ones. Still, I keep 3-4 extra sets of N Batteries in my rifle bag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts