AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #2
im going to sight my 512 in this sat. i like some tips too. although i know the eotechs are at zero on a flat top ar without a riser so it should be pretty close.

My plan start at 50yards shoot 3-4 rounds adjust from the group and have a great day with my new site.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
If you are mounting it directly on the flattop, adjust the center dot so it appears right on top of your front sight post. That will get you "close" to get it on paper and just maybe be right on. I have mine sighted in @ 50 yards.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
My S&W MP15 flattop was sighted in at 50 yards. The Eotech shot exactly one inch low at 25 yards for a 50 yard zero. Hope that helps.

Oh yea, it's my first post! Hello all!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
My S&W MP15 flattop was sighted in at 50 yards. The Eotech shot exactly one inch low at 25 yards for a 50 yard zero. Hope that helps.

Oh yea, it's my first post! Hello all!
So perhaps my Aimpoint will shoot high @ 50 yards since I sighted it at 25 yards?

Welcome to the forum btw.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Zero at 50m .. versatile and gives you a secondary zero at 200m. I haven't finished my coffee but I think you sight it at about 1/2" high at 25m .. I'm pretty sure that's wrong, but someone will pipe in and correct me.

As for how.. well there are two little adjustment dials on the right side of the hood. Also I strongly recommend reading the little manual that comes with them.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is on a PS90 - but it is zeroed for 50 yards.

I got a cheap laser boresighter - cost me $35 (a Bushnell one). Guessed 50 yards distance and sighted it in on the laser.

When I hit the range - I was just a couple of inches off. I then shot a few shots - then adjusted the zero - then shot again... Finally got it perfect.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
There is a target that I have run across a while back called the PDT which I think stands for personal defense target. It is for 25 meter optic zero-ing. I had to google it and I know you can find it under the name David Blinder. I have used it a number of times to zero in my EoTech and it works pretty good.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
A little off topic, but on a flat top with a BUIS you would have absolute (not vodka) co-witness with the Eotech, right?

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
And this depends on whether or not you agree with Pat Rogers on the Absolute vs. lower 1/3rd co-witness... some of my impressions on the two

Absolute:

Pro - Ease of sighting in, not having to shift your cheek weld to adjust back to irons.
Cons - Some thing the field of view is cluttered, can cause newer shooters to get lazy and treat the red dot as they would a rear sight.

Lower 3rd:

Pro - less cluttered FOV, not a real hard shift in cheek weld to drop back to your BUIS, removes the temptation of some shooters to use the red dot as a rear sight.
Con - shifting cheek weld to use Irons

I use both now and it's a comfort zone shift for me to use the lower 3rd co-witness. But it is a challenge to see if it really is more effective for me. I don't have the issue some do with the FSP being in the FOV, I don't notice it when using a lower 3rd CW.

Nikkon, use that target KEVWYO recommended and you should be pretty much good to go if you're going to use the 50yrd/m zero.

All of my AR's are still sighted in at 100m, I've never had an issue with adjusting POI at sub-100m targets... but I do see where a 50m zero has some very strong advantages.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
Good run down.

I don't have the issue some do with the FSP being in the FOV, I don't notice it when using a lower 3rd CW.
This is me, Im thinking about getting a riser to cure this, or just going with another Aimpoint.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
I sighted my EoTech in for a 50 yard zero, which hits about an inch high at 25 yards, and stays in the center mass area at 100 yards. I have it mounted on my Bushy Carbon M-4 flatop, down on the front handguard.

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Good run down.

This is me, Im thinking about getting a riser to cure this, or just going with another Aimpoint.

Thanks..

If the absolute CW is bothering you then YHM makes a riser that's like $35 or so, you can find them under $30 on ARFCOM. That riser is .033 they hvae a .5 picatinny riser as well in various lengths, I've got both because of different magnifier mounts.

But I also think that if you use the EOT or any red dot correctly the FSP blurs out of view because you should be - and this may sound weird to some - looking thought the dot to the target, not focusing on the dot. That changes the plane you eye focuses on and a lot of closer things blur right out to the point that you don't notice them. That was in that same Pat Rogers article..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts