AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the hecks going on? I see Grant taking pre-orders on M4CARBINES.NET. I wonder when Magpul is releasing these.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What I have from my FFL here in Denver is, actual order placement in January (apparently that's when the distributors are being allowed to place them) with arrival some time in June or July 08.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I have from my FFL here in Denver is, actual order placement in January (apparently that's when the distributors are being allowed to place them) with arrival some time in June or July 08.
Any idea what they are going for price wise?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last I read and got from my FFL and a MagPul rep on ARFCOM was vicinity $1400.. that would be a 5.56 version, not sure which total configuration that would get you, but it should be a fairly good starting platform with sights and the small rails.

I read that thread at M4Carbine.Net ... that guy isn't going to get them any sooner than my local FFL so I'm not going to double down on "pre-order" stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Websites (PDF) still saying first qrtr '08.

For the heck of it, I emailed Dave to find out if they're accepting pre-orders at this point and to ask about dealer pricing and such so I can fax a copy of my FFL and stuff to them to get in line early because I WANT ONE!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man, I CAN'T STAND boards that make you register before you read. I will never join a board under those circumstances.

And to maintain a relevant thread...I'll be very excited to see the first shipments of these. I'd be tempted to sell my AR setup and an AK to fund one. The way things work though, slated deliveries and actual delivery times often don't match up. I think we'd be lucky to see these by the end of 2008. Hope I'm wrong!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yeah.... They say, they say... but I wouldn't hold my breath, much like the Civ-Semi TDI Kriss was supposed to be Q4'07 :( Still, it's nice that Magpul's making sure it's 'just right' when it's shipped.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I would typically take what MagPul says regarding delivery dates with a grain of salt (PMag, CTR, UBR, PRS -AR10 and CETME and Masada) but given that my (Denver based) FFL got the word from both Drake at MP and their Disty, I'm going to go with the Q2'08 expected delivery.

Just watch out guys... any one that promises one to you too quickly or asks for a deposit before the Disties are taking the orders in January, most likely isn't too far on the up and up... unless you've got a serious in at MagPul..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reply direct from Magpul. Not accepting pre-orders at this time. So anyone stating they're taking pre-orders, all I can say is buyer beware at this point.

Copy and paste:

We do not have a waiting list yet.

Drake Clark
Magpul Industries Corp.
400 Young Court, Unit 1
Erie, CO 80516
303.828.3460 office
720.939.5802 cell
[email protected]
www.magpul.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Meh.. Its gonna take forever to get here, and when it does, the first shipments will all be bought up. Plus the price is a bit too high for me anyway. Ill stick to AR's for now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Meh.. Its gonna take forever to get here, and when it does, the first shipments will all be bought up. Plus the price is a bit too high for me anyway. Ill stick to AR's for now.

Plus how many gererations of PMags have been out to get a simple mag to work :p

I love their stocks, grips, ect but.......
I'll stick with the AR also :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I promise to give you guys a full range report and tons of pictures with me shooting several hundred rounds on the first outing with mine :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts