AR15 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 1994 when I first got into law enforcent and I was living at home with my mom (No mortgage, wife, kid, BILLS) I bought my first Ar-15. A Colt AR-15 A3 tactical carbine. Serial numbered BD0029XX if that tells you anything. I absolutely loved that gun. A few years later, (1997) got married, and needed money for a refridgerator. Sold the gun, a doz. mags, sling, light, soft case, 200 rounds green tip NATO AP., 50 rounds Orange tipped tracers I guess, never shot them, and 500 rounds of ball ammo. All for $650.

Yeah, I got screwed. BUT like I said, I needed the money at the time and did what I had to do.

Anyway fast forward to the summer of 2007. Our department purchased a few AR-15's. One of the officers who was issued one was the one who bought my Colt. The Colt has been sitting in his closet ever since.

Ive been saving my money, and playing it over and over again in my head what AR to get. Ive toyed with the thought of the pistols, the SBR's, the ACR, a piston model...so many choices. Anyway, for giggles I went to the guy I sold the Colt to and asked if he wanted to sell it back. He did. Paid him what I paid for it new in 1994.

Yeah, I got screwed again.

But Im happy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JCobb thats a lesson learned. Next time you need a fridge, you put the food in one of those coolers that keep ice for 7-11 days and you save your money. If you need a stove, you use a charcoal grill or hibachi to cook your food and you save your never. Never sell a gun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That makes me feel a little better. He originally said I could have it back for $1200. I laughed and told him to shove it. Offered him $800 and he countered with $900. So what is it worth anyway? Not that Im EVER getting rid of if again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That makes me feel a little better. He originally said I could have it back for $1200. I laughed and told him to shove it. Offered him $800 and he countered with $900. So what is it worth anyway? Not that Im EVER getting rid of if again.
I can get a new Colt for $1200. What model was yours?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Back in High school I picked up a like new SP1 Colt 1970ish production for $400 I loved that gun, Before I went in the Service I needed cash quick and sold it to a friend for $500, It went with 1000 rounds of US surplus 55 grainers and 10 mags. He still has that gun and 900 of the 1000 rounds I sold him. I've been trying to get it back for 10 years.:sad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts