AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bush needs to pardon him!
that is unbelivable
i cant belive the people at the range turned him in!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We do not know the evidence that have on him. He could have had some illegal parts installed in the rifle or just laying around.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very sad..

it just shows how ignorant a group of ours peers can be.. SOBs let convicts go & prosecute legal gun owners.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I started another thread before this one. I have been following the whole thing for almost a year now. Nothing was found. Just the malfunctioning AR, that they only got to reproduce by using light primered .223 ammo (which you don't do in a firearm with a floating firing pin).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In Wisconsin? Are you kidding me? I thought things like this only happened in CA? I like Lou Dobbs now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is a real kick in the shorts if that was a true malfunction. The guy served our country for 16 years and discharged with honor. That just plain sucks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There just has to be more to this story. If not then it's absurdedly shocking and a good lawyer should be able to get this overturned. After everything I've read on this it just seems as if there is a puzzle missing. Something is not being told.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We do not know the evidence that have on him. He could have had some illegal parts installed in the rifle or just laying around.
No Olympic Arms used Surplus parts in the original manufacture of the weapon in question 20+ years ago, they were known to have problems with shoddy QC at that time also. Any AR can double if the parts are worn or if soft primered ammo is used. One of the things the Govt tried to use against him was someone, the Father of a Marine Corps armourer offered him M-16 parts in a trade, He turned them down but the ATF tried to show intent because he spoke with someone about FA parts. All Semi auto's can malfunction in this method, I had a Glenfield Model 60 tube fed .22 that went FA and fired nearly a full tube of ammo with one squeeze of the trigger, It immmediately was sent back to Marlin for repair but they technically under the rules applied in this case could have prosecuted me as a 12 year old or my father for being in posession of a unregistered Class 3 weapon. I have also seen 1911's double or triple with improperly installed trigger parts. This case sets dangerous precidence that can be used against us all. Malfunctions happen but should he be held criminally liable for a malfunctioning rifle? This individual has 16 years of Honorable service with the US Army should he not be given the benifit of the doubt?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There just has to be more to this story. If not then it's absurdedly shocking and a good lawyer should be able to get this overturned. After everything I've read on this it just seems as if there is a puzzle missing. Something is not being told.
Unfortunately he seems to have represented himself believing that the ATF had set precident with other cases of similar circumstances.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In Wisconsin? Are you kidding me? I thought things like this only happened in CA? I like Lou Dobbs now.
Ha ha i thought the same thing i live in ca and have a legal ar15. However i know how close to the line i walk. say for example i insert an high capacity magazine into the ar15 how i currently have it configured with "evil features" this rifle will instantly become a assault weapon.

Now say i lent the rifle out as this guy did and they insert a high cap. Bad news for me. Or even more scary for me is what if i got raided and the atf insert a 30 round mag. into my ar :shock: . Might be a stretch but i can see it happening.

There has been cases where police departments have modified an ar that has been legal modified to comply with ca. law to become an aw.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If it didn't have FA parts installed when the ATF inspected it (and I'm sure they did) it should've been made aware in court whether it was a semi or FA part installed.

What I'm curious about is what they were talking about an ammo that made it easier to fire FA? That doesn't make sense either.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is what happens when power has an agenda and that agenda is to tread on the US Constitution. It is time to vote for those who cherish the words of the constitution while using some common sense during the process.

This guy will walk and I expect all fees, costs and suffering to be reimbursed in full.

OS

1 - 20 of 47 Posts