AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks good.

whats your honest opinion of RRA?

im torn between an RRA or a Bushmaster right now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff-empty mag ;)

nikon- Pirate is having a few issues, should be back online in a bit.

Grip- I love it. I got the upper from www.shadowriverproductions.com, he is a vendor on Pirate. He redid the staking on the BCG so I don't have to worry about that at all. I've put close to 1k rds through this gun without a single issue, and I've only put a few drops of CLP on the BCG. I'll be stripping it down and cleaning it later this week at some point.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks good.

whats your honest opinion of RRA?

im torn between an RRA or a Bushmaster right now.
I've got a bone stock (for now:mrgreen:) RRA Mid Length and it is a 1 MOA shooter with cheap ammo, so far it hasn't hiccupped yet and i've got about 1k rds thru it. My brother is a Coltsnob (because his dept buys them for him) and he has admitted his Colt is not as accurate. I bought mine on the recommendation of a competitive 3 gunner who likes his for the reliability.
I know squat about the Bushy but you won't be disappointed with the RRA.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You still broke rule number 2 .. but we'll forgive you this time and only because it wasn't one of our houses :)

So yeah, that's a solid RRA, I'm a little jealous of the Optics setup, but only a little :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, someone pointing an AR at my house the terms "empty mag" would make me about 4% more comfortable. What one does with an unloaded gun they are likely to do with a loaded gun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You still broke rule number 2 .. but we'll forgive you this time and only because it wasn't one of our houses :)

So yeah, that's a solid RRA, I'm a little jealous of the Optics setup, but only a little :)
Yeah, someone pointing an AR at my house the terms "empty mag" would make me about 4% more comfortable. What one does with an unloaded gun they are likely to do with a loaded gun.

:rolleyes: If you're that worried about an empty gun pointed at a corner of your house for ~30 seconds, I feel bad for you. I respect what a gun can do, don't get me wrong. But I don't fear a box in my attic getting killed by a gun that has no ammo within 30 feet, and none on the same floor of the house.

When you take a picture of your guns in your house are you certain that for 200 yards in the direction of your barrel there is no one there? Wouldn't want that imaginary bullet to go through a wall or two, deflect off a copper pipe and richochet through 19 walls and kill a nun in the middle of praying about crippled children with cancer that have no food or water. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some people are way WAY to paranoid about guns.

If it is unloaded and no finger on the trigger I couldn't care less where the barrel is etc.

That said I'm not going to be happy having someone points a gun at me but if I get swept by the barrel of an unloaded gun I'm not going to fret. Hell I have to walk in front of loaded guns laid down at the range all the time to change targets etc, and have had many many unloaded guns unintentionally pointed at me at gun shows, museums, ranges,etc. It isn't a big deal unless you want it to be.

To me it is like being pissy every time a car is coming towards you. Cars kill more people than guns and are just as dangerous and are also considered 'just a tool' yet an unloaded gun with no finger on the trigger needs more respect to others than a parked car with a dude in the back seat...that doesn't make sense.

Treat every gun as if it were loaded means when you are given a gun or pick up a gun you check to see if it is loaded and either treat it as such or unload it and then you can do whatever with it.

Every accidental shooting/discharge comes from someone not treating the gun as loaded and 'dry firing' or having a round in the gun when they shouldn't have.

If every time you get a gun you empty/remove the mag and rack the slide/charging handle to eject any rounds and then do it once more to make sure nothing chambered again afterwards, you're golden to do whatever with a gun. Meaning the only time you pull a trigger or even put your finger on the trigger is when you know for a fact the gun is either loaded and is ready to be shot or unloaded and you're testing the FCG.

Course I tinker with firearms on a weekly basis so I might be a bit jaded.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think I have scared my microwave and coffee pot a few times.

The lightswitches get wicked paranoid.

:mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thats one beautiful rifle. If you don't mind answering what did it set you back cost wise for everything total?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats one beautiful rifle. If you don't mind answering what did it set you back cost wise for everything total?
Thanks. I actually don't want to total it up, but off the top of my head here's the breakdown...

300 for the lower assembled but never fired from a buddy
1300 for TA31DOC and LaRue mount, new from www.shadowriverproductions.com
70 for Bobro VFG
~600 for the upper with YHM rails, fixed front sight and YHM flip up rear
80 for the sling with MI rail QD mount and QD rear mount for the CTR

I didn't really hunt around for prices, Pete at SRP is awesome to deal with and I never paid any shipping, even when I went from the non QD base on the ACOG to an ARMS QD to the LaRue. Oh, and Pete installed the rails, restaked the BCG, and test fired it before shipping it out to me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The photos kinda make you want an ACOG... those things are SWEET. Sadly, I can build a top quality AR with an Eotech for about the price of just the sight alone. Oh well, I can dream.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts