AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I started the paperwork in June or July, but it's finally together. I still don't have iron sights so I threw on a red dot I had, and I think I'll put on a better flash hider but you get the idea. I'll take better pics when it stops being 60 degrees outside and gets back down to normal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SBRs are cool. There's no doubt about that.

Hopefully I'll have pictures of mine shortly... Just waiting on the damned stamp. :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations Polymerhead. Welcome to the Club.:cool:

I'm on my second SBR stamp and find myself wanting a Tactical Innovations suppressor to go with one of them.

Don't let anyone fool you, NFA is as bad as BRD :-D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks John, I'm jealous of those of you who can obtain suppressors. They're not welcome in Missouri. Full-auto and SBR/SBS guns are ok though...:rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't even have the paperwork yet because I'm still in the decision stage of which I want, though the Tactical Innovations Tac-16 will likely be the one because I'll have the option of using it for .223 and also .22LR since I can take a steel brush and take care of the lead deposits the 22LR will leave on the baffles. Of the major brands, it's the only one that is user servicable (to a point).

I've been in contact with YHM, Advanced Armament, and Tactical Innovations and all 3 seem like reputable companies with good communication, but I like the features of the TI the best.

I'm hoping to have the paperwork started within the next 6 weeks or so and within the next 3 months have it on a barrel. You know how the NFA branch likes to drag their feet in signing the forms.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I started the paperwork in June or July, but it's finally together. I still don't have iron sights so I threw on a red dot I had, and I think I'll put on a better flash hider but you get the idea. I'll take better pics when it stops being 60 degrees outside and gets back down to normal.
So how cold does it have to be for you to take a good picture? You are sooo weird.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all. I ordered a Levang Linear compensator this weekend, but I think I'm going to have to remove the free float handguard in order to clamp the barrel. I'll take more pics after I get it installed, these are a little washed out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update - I got the flash hider off by wrapping a belt around it and then using an adjustable wrench to twist it off. It took 3 tries because I was going slow and didn't want to hurt the upper, but it came off with a medium amount of torque, so nothing was hurt.

Big +1 to DPMS making a quality product, this gun just like my other AR is completely DPMS, minus little accessories like the ergogrip and G2 light. It took a while for them to build the custom upper but it was well worth the wait!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Top 8.5 inch 5.56
bottom 5.5 inch 9mm

This is the same registered AR lower, but a 10.5 inch barreled upper that is currently being drilled for a gas port to make ready for use with a suppressor. I plan on using this upper while suppressed to make it easier on me to not have to adjust the sights when switching back and forth from suppressed. I'm hoping to be able to run the "hollywood quiet" 22LR ceiner conversion mostly with a suppressor in this upper, but wanted a little longer barrel for 5.56 when I wanted to use 5.56 suppressed also because most manufacturers recommend using a barrel over 10.5 for that. It's a work in progress so forgive the lack of handguard but it'll get one installed eventually, but I had to get the barrel blank finished first. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man, that HK (clone?) is nice, but I didn't realize they were so big! Is that patterned after the MP5K series? It looks like it would be longer than my AR. I'd like one at some point though before it's too late. I might have to jump on that for my next project.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts