AR15 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a local gun shop and I put my order in for my AR build. Here are the stuff I put in for the order. I'm suppose to know tomorrow how long it'll take for everything to get here.... I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'll have pics as soon as I get all the stuff in.

Rock River Arms Complete A4 Upper Receiver Assembly
16" Chrome Lined Barrel 1:9 Twist
Daniel Defense Quad Rail Carbine Length
Weaver Gas Block
Samson Quick Flip Folding Front Sight
A.R.M.S #40 Flip-Up Rear Sight
Midwest Industries Cantilever Ring
Aimpoint M2
Vltor Flashlight Mount (CK)
Forged Lower Receiver
Mil-Spec Lower Receiver Parts Kits
CAA Tactical Buttstock Kit (black)
Hogue Grips

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im afraid to ask... but i will anyways... whats nfad?
The dreaded NFA disease. Short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors and the like. BRD is like an entry-level disease, in 75% of reported cases it leads to NFAD. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dreaded NFA disease. Short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors and the like. BRD is like an entry-level disease, in 75% of reported cases it leads to NFAD. ;)
oh its too late for me! i definitely want a SBR in 9mm, that will be in my possession before the year is over. I'm waiting for a gun show in Feb to talk to a guy there about getting a supressor for my ar that i'm building up top... so i guess my BRD has already upgraded to NAFD, and my wallets health is slowly declining! hahahahha

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ditch the CAA buttstock, those are crap. get a standard m4 or a magpul or something.

ditch the railed gas block. get a 9 inch rail, and a low profile gas block....so that the rail covers the block. put the front flip sight directly on the railed forearm.

ETA: im not trying to be a dick or bag on your setup, im just recommending the things that i believe you will be happier with in the longrun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ditch the CAA buttstock, those are crap. get a standard m4 or a magpul or something.

ditch the railed gas block. get a 9 inch rail, and a low profile gas block....so that the rail covers the block. put the front flip sight directly on the railed forearm.

ETA: im not trying to be a dick or bag on your setup, im just recommending the things that i believe you will be happier with in the longrun.
Thanks! I'll take that into consideration... i really didn't think about getting a longer quad rail and putting a low prof. gas block on there... that's a pretty good call!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts