AR15 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was looking for a lower and I noticed there was a company making one with a USMC etching. Today it seems that item is out of stock. I have been thinking about going with a Superior Arms lower because of the adjustable set-screw, but I am unsure about how much it actually improves the trigger.

I have heard that older Superior lowers have problems with certain non-USGI mags, can anyone comment?

Appreciated...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've used 2 Superior Arms lowers, didn't use the "set screw" for the trigger so I can't comment on how well it helps or does not help. I have not had any trouble with the fitting of any mags in mine and they are at least 2 years old. Which "certain non-USGI mags" are you referring to ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have two Superior lowers and they work great. No problems. the set screw is OK. I use it on my 20' HBAR. No problem with any mags I use.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i used the superior lower on my build the adjustment screw is nice if i had to pay more for it i wouldnt get it but since they are cheap and no others i am aware of have it i thought it was pretty cool.

but i do like mine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guys from Superior Arms are great to deal with and stand behind their products. Giv them a try if you dont like it they will help you out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one on a bushmaster upper and its great, it is a tight fit between the two and it accepts all mags I have ever tried.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went ahead and ordered it. $94.00 shipped. I read about the mag problems on ar15.com, and they said it was with certain serial numbers because the magwell was mil-spec or something. It's possible that people just don't know how to slam a magazine home.

Well, wish me luck on my first build, right now I'm thinking this:
Superior lower, standard LPK, & CTR, or ACE skeleton/Ultra Lite buttstock
Ko-tonics 16"/18" 6.8 Upper, flip-up rear site, flip-up front post, free float rail.

There is a possibility that I may go with 5.56, but i'll probably end up with one of each. I also really like the feel of standard handguards, and I'm not all that sure I'm going to like the blocky 4-rail deals, so is it possible to do do free floated standard handguards?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts