AR15 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
up til this point i've been asking questions about something i'd never seen up close. I've shot an ak and i knew enough about them. well yesterday i went to the range and on display was a bushmaster ar15 with quadrails in the front, the foremount grip, and an A2 carry handle. So since it was right there on the counter i picked it up and got to know it a bit. I HAVE TO HAVE ONE! extremely comfortable to hold, seemingly simple to take apart (from what i've seen) its just a great gun to fool with. I have to build mine tho, those things seem to be way over priced in my opinion.

from my experience with the ar i did notice one thing strange. when i shoot pistols i use my right hand to hold the pistol and shoot, when with the AR i noticed i'm not comfortable at all using my right hand. i cant even line up the sights with it in my right hand, in the left hand every action flows better like pullin the charging handle, grabbing the foremount grip, turning off the safety, everything is easier with the pistol grip in my left hand even tho i'm right handed. anybody else experience this? and should i get a left handed uppper?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Your pocketbook has had it now. It's called BRD and even being in the vacinity of an AR can cause infection. Touching one is a surefire way to get it.

have fun being broke LOL.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not quite sure what you are saying, but it could just be that the grip does not fit you. I can't stand the standard grip, and I have changed all of mine. With an AR, if you are right handed, you work the charging handle with you left hand. That right hand stays on the grip while doing this, as well as magazine changes and so forth.

Yep, welcome to the disease... then you have to have rifles, carbines, 5.56, 6.8, 6.5G, .308, and a host of other calibers...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the stock A2 grip sucks for me. The "spike" on there is in a bad spot not letting me get a good grip. I switched out to Hogue "ergo" grip and love it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TO late now. No cure for BRD and it will leed to GRD. (Green Rifle D ) and the to Earth Brown. Your VISA card is S*&$ed........
I stared out with an AR10 7.62X51 then got a Fed 338 upper for her. Then a Bushy AR15 now i am thing of getting the 450 upper to go on the Bushy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Have you HRD about the BRD? Don't you know that the BRD is the WRD!"

"BRD, BRD, BRD... BRD is the WRD..."

For some reason, this thread inspired me to sing that stupid song. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm, building gives the skills to spend even more money.

As to the "handedness" I'd recommend you worry more about your dominant eye, then adapt to that... It'll get you more lead on the target. In my opinion, the AR design isn't really inherently right- or left-handed, nor is it ambidextrous without some special parts. It seems to be a little ergonomically disabled for even a switch-hitter.

That said, it sure is fun to shoot and tinker with!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First hit's free, kid.

You don't need a left handed upper, just ambi controls. The lump on the upper just behind the ejection port will keep brass from being too much trouble, and if you ever need another BCG, it will be easier to find one for the right handed (common) upper.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
up til this point i've been asking questions about something i'd never seen up close. I've shot an ak and i knew enough about them. well yesterday i went to the range and on display was a bushmaster ar15 with quadrails in the front, the foremount grip, and an A2 carry handle. So since it was right there on the counter i picked it up and got to know it a bit. I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!
Might I suggest looking at the Bushmaster ACR? Some like it some don't. You will have to look up a Youtube video of it though. It's very similar to the Magpul Masada withe some small changes in the location of the chargin handles and few other small items if memory serves .... It's at least worth a look see. I would like to get one someday!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I too got the disease about a month ago. I ordered my RRA 3 1/2 weeks ago and i'm suffering from the worst case of anxiety you can imagine. It's a good thing that I don't drink anymore. I don't drink any less, just not any more. I can hardly wait until it comes in. :D:D:D:D:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Might I suggest looking at the Bushmaster ACR? Some like it some don't. You will have to look up a Youtube video of it though. It's very similar to the Magpul Masada withe some small changes in the location of the chargin handles and few other small items if memory serves .... It's at least worth a look see. I would like to get one someday!
well heres the thing i've been watching and reading, and isnt the
FN S.C.A.R.
The Bushmaster ACR
and The Magpul Masada
all the same gun? they look so similar, also i didnt think they'd be availible to civilians?
i think they are all awesome but i'll stick to the m4gery for now, *i know the others may be more reliable and what not but 1.47% failure rate out of like 6000 rounds in a dust storm test is impressive to me and i dont plan to punish my rifile like that anyway. *the ar is very lightweight to me, *and i've heard it the most accurate gun avalible besides a sniper rifle, so the standard EBR will be good for me.

to all others yes i have a horrible case of BDR, my friend made me notice that i look at something about rifiles everytime i get online. :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes BRD. I too caught it. I started by saying im gonna build one. I didnt wanna pay out of pocket for one when I could do it.I went to a gun show to buy a lower and and parts kit. Simple enough right, nope. 1 guy had A lower and wanted like $185 for it. I went home after looking for hours. I went to my local gun shop thenext buisness day to look around and ended up walking out with this..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As to the "handedness" I'd recommend you worry more about your dominant eye, then adapt to that... It'll get you more lead on the target. In my opinion, the AR design isn't really inherently right- or left-handed, nor is it ambidextrous without some special parts. It seems to be a little ergonomically disabled for even a switch-hitter.

That said, it sure is fun to shoot and tinker with!
+1, exactly what I was thinking and what it sounds like to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts