AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you guys use on your AR's? Which makes and models do you like? Pics would be great. I'm thinking of adding a light to my RRA. I think I'm limited to a front sight base mount with the standard hand guards, so I've been looking at a few of those. Opinions and comments for mounts and lights.....fire away:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pentagon light, VLTOR mount is about the best you can get from a reliability and functionality standpoint.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have to add a light to mine. i heard the chickens and guines raising a ruckus a few weeks ago and spotted a **** comeing out the window of a tool shed...my first time needing to shoot at night so here i was trying to aim my midlenth and hold my spotlight at the same time....he wont get lucky again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RRA upper

YHM quad rail

Viking Tactical offset mount

Surefire G2 with a Cree LED module -- twice as bright and longer runtime than the P60 bulb that comes with the G2.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'm limited to a front sight base mount with the standard hand guards, so I've been looking at a few of those. Opinions and comments for mounts and lights.....fire away:)
Don't limit yourself because of standard hand guards. I was in the same boat and found some bolt on rails aluminum for Midwest Industries (I think Promag my make some polymer ones too) that bolt on to the handguards.

Here's mine (Surefire M951 and I ordered a MI Bolt-on rail):

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A run a surefire 961 9v love the high out put its a little long, but worth it. Here's mine on my Vltor CASV-EL rail system

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a lot of lights....

To me the most overated light ever are Surefires, trust me when I say they are not all that. I even have a $300 SureFire M600A and it is not all that. $40 Innova's are just as good.

If you want a great flashlight get the Fenix with Cree technology. To me this is the most amazing flashlight ever. In the low setting it can last 65 hours! And in the highest 215 lumans setting it goes 100 minutes. Best part about the Fenix? Is it goes for only $60. Same price as a incandescent SureFire 6p.. but 100 times the performance!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Surefire M4 Devastator is now mounted to this carbine in a scope ring :twisted:
Let the be LIGHT !

Rico Alpha 9 on this one

Pentagon X3HA in a Daniel Defense offset mount

Brinkman from wally world hey it works ;) and was 20 bux, mounted in a scope ring

and I have a Surefire Scout light on the way......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I'm not fancy shmancy like some folks. I use SF G2's with the shock isolated bezel and tape switch on my 2 CQB rifles.. the others don't need lights. I am thinking about getting the Cree LED mods for them. I don't use the "weapons" lights because of the weight and cost. I'm fairly content with 60 Lumen's if I need more than that, I'll have my backup shine their light too :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well. I don't have any mounting kit or anything like that yet, but I just picked up a Surefire E2D - Executive Defender. I'm pretty sure it can mount to the rifle somehow. I'm pretty sure you can buy a pressure swich cord for it too even. Either way... I already bought it so I hope it can work hehe.

Anyone have any experience with these?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you want a great flashlight get the Fenix with Cree technology. To me this is the most amazing flashlight ever. In the low setting it can last 65 hours! And in the highest 215 lumans setting it goes 100 minutes. Best part about the Fenix? Is it goes for only $60. Same price as a incandescent SureFire 6p.. but 100 times the performance!
Do you have a link to one? PM me if necessary

1 - 20 of 41 Posts