AR15 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my GG&G Accucam kit for my EOTech holosite. For those of you who might need ot use use AR for serious use (in the sandbox, patrol carbine, zombie uprising), I would suggest this product. Mostly for those whose EOTechs might hinder the use of their iron sites in a true SHTF situation where the irons need to be used. I purchase a VLTOR CASV handguard and it wouldn't allow me to use the irons cowitnessed with the holosite. I ordered the Acucam thingy from the Rainier Arms website and now, if I need to ditch the EOTech, I can do so fast. Its a simple product that seems to 'mostly" be of quality. I say mostly because I would suggest using locktite on the big flat head screw that is the pivot of the works. but it secures tightly and releases eaily when you want it off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I'll check it out. I need a mount for my eotech, mounting it directly to the rail sucks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I'll check it out. I need a mount for my eotech, mounting it directly to the rail sucks.
You will still be mounting to the rail with the accucam. You will gain quick detach of your EO, and maintain an absolute co-witness, if that is preferred. It essentially just replaces the screw with a lever tensioning mechanism.

I have one and it is a handy sucker. Pricey for what it is IMO, but I paid it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nikon!
Glad the attacher thingy whatever it is called is working out for you. I liked it a lot on mine, and it actually looks pretty good. Just didn't need it after i didtched my stock for the VLTOR setup.

Accucam
Yeah, it ain't cheap at $74, but for what I need it for, it is a good investment. If my EO ever goes down and I am in that SHTF situation, I can ditch it and go to irons. I cannot cowitness with my irons because of the rail system I use. Oh well, I like my rail system a lot and don't want to ditch it. The accucam is an acceptable compromise for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Krackels if you're looking for a riser and quick detatch functionality, look at the LaRue 110 .. runs about $110 or so used and they show up on ARFCOM EE all the time. Would run you about the same if you snagged a riser and the Accucam from GG&G - Which I like except for the snag factor of the release lever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the lever(s) on the LT-110 are a much lower profile than the accucam. I'm not sure how much of a factor snagging will be, but I haven't been out shooting since I put the accucam on. The lever faces to the rear, and for the moment I don't think it would snag up anymore than the bolt release, but I'll have to keep an eye out for snagging.

I freely admit I'm a LaRue junky, the reason I went with the accucam over the LT-110, was for the simple fact that I did not want to raise my EO any.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts