AR15 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for one of these things to rotate AFTER the pins have been put into place? I think mine may be canted by a degree or two. Either that or the railed forearm is on cooked if that is possible.

The only ARs or M16s I've dealt with before this one only had the regular upper and lower handguards with a delta ring at the bottom.

The forearm is a GG&G quad rail forearm of somesort.

Edit- Here it is http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=44&parents=38,112

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are you talking about the regular FSB ? Did you have to crank your rear sight to one side to get the windage ? It's possible the the FSB was not straight to start with.

Do you have a flat top receiver ? Does the top rail on the forearm align with it, or is it off ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The forearm top rail and the flattop rail on the upper reciever seem to be off by just a ***t hair.

I was actually able to zero the sights with the windage knob centered which is a first for me. Usually when I BZO my A2 on the rifle range during quals I have to run it way right.

Edit-it is the regular A2 style front sight base.

I currently have a 3 point sling attached to it and I'm curious if the weight of the firearm hanging from it would be enough to pull it off to one side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well if your rear sight is centered than the FSB should be correct ;)
Try loosening the mount for the forearm and tweaking it until it looks like it is in alignment with the flattop.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no experience with the GG&G rail but most 2 piece free floats clamp to the barrel nut. On my Samson rail there are 4 bolts on the bottom that you have to tighten evenly while keeping the top in alignment. If you tightened one side too much before the other then it would be crooked.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright I think I know what you are talking about and I figure that those bolts did that job I just wasn't sure. I'll take'er out to the shed and tinker a little tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts