AR15 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at CMMG. I'm almost positive I want an 18" barrel. I'm looking at a rifle-length gas system, handguards, and sight radius. Is this too long for an 18" or should I just stick with the mid-gas, guards, and sights?

CMMG 18" M18 Rifle Length SPR Upper

New 18" Stainless Steel Special Purpose Rifle upper. This upper is based on our M18 multi-role barrel and comes with rifle-length gas system, full-length handguards, rifle sight radius and is complete with bolt, carrier and charging handle. CMMG semi auto bolt carriers have the shrouded firing pin to protect against hammer wear. Upper receivers are "T" marked and include M4 feed ramp. Features include medium contour barrel, 11 degree recessed target crown, 1/8 twist, and “F” marked forged front sight base. When ordering with optional gas block, barrels will not be drilled for taper pins. Barrel is marked CMMG SST 5.56 NATO 1/8.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Hell yeah. I'm going top-of-the-line since this will be my only AR. The upper was $1800, lower $630, duracoat black&tan $275, ambi upgrades, etc. Now for a sight... :) I'm looking at the Millet's. And I am *really* contemplating putting a suppressor on it. So ~$600 (too high???) for the suppressor itself then $200 C3 fee. Not sure if it's worth it...

But yeah, any other opinions on the rifle-length stuff?

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Which Millet sight?

DMS-1 or TRS-1?

I think the new LRS-1 is going on my long range rig.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts