AR15 Forums banner

going stag...

2K views 13 replies 0 participants last post by  thebigx 
G
#1 ·
so i just called rra to get an update on my upper order... 12+ weeks! so i cancelled and ordered a stag upper through pete at ar15sales.com... will be here in 10 days! DAYS not WEEKS! i would've ordered rra parts through pete, but he was saying that trying to get an rra lower receiver will probably take months! :mad: so i'm deciding to go stag!

my BRD has escalated and i can no longer wait 12 weeks!

i know, not a very interesting post but there was no one else around to vent to! thanks for listening everyone!

G
#10 ·
Just double check the usual suspects with the Bolt Carrier group and there shouldn't be any problems.. congrats
yep, i'm actually going to upgrade the bolt to an LMT...

Congrats, I don't blame you... I wouldn't wait any amount of time for a RRA :p
yeah, waiting 12 + weeks for any gun is a pain!

good move on your part.
thanks man!

dang 12 weeks!!!
yep 12 weeks! thats absurd! i even asked about lower receivers.. pfft! forget it!

well, it seems i'm starting over with this build.. at first i had it all set up in my mind as to what i'm going to get... but since i have a clean slate again, i can't decide on what quad rail to get. either dan. def. or larue... we'll see! there's a gun show going on this weekend so, i'm gonna see what i can find over there.

G
#11 ·
the lower half w/ windowed pmag friends and a low profile gas block... i'll post a complete picture when the rest of the parts come in and i'm done building it!

went to the gun show today and bought all the parts needed to complete the lower.

Stag Receiver - $99.00
RRA lower parts kit - $58
M4 Stock Kit - $65.00
Ergo Grips - $18
4 pmags (window) - $64 ($16/ea)

I also bought some parts for the upper that's coming in next week from AR15sales. RRA low prof. gas block - $27.00 and front & rear folding sights - $210 oh and a thousand rounds of ammo - $250.00

G
#13 ·
i can't decide on what quad rail to get. either dan. def. or larue... we'll see! there's a gun show going on this weekend so, i'm gonna see what i can find over there.
I ordered a Stag 15 2HT with the factory installed free floating Samson rail and Arms #40L BUIS. I have to say I am impressed. My Stag has better fit and finish than my RRA.

G
#14 ·
update...

Pete from ar15sales said my upper should be here next Thurs./Fri. On the other hand, my rail system (larue 10"), rail covers, cantilever mount (also Larue) are waiting for me at home (UPS guy came today)...

Wanna know what's bad? I haven't even finish this build, and I'm already pricing out another! EBRD!!! GAAARRR!!!!

So I'm thinking I'm going to build either a Colt (5.56 nato) or a POF/Daniel Defense (.308 or 6.8 haven't decided yet) ... I've already order some parts for this build also! And now that the gov't. is going to give me some money back in May b/c of this Stimulus Plan, I'm going to stimulate my pleasure by ordering more stuff! HAHAHAHAHHA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.