AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have decided to go with the eotech 512 after much reading and searching...just one last place to check...here!! I know you guys/gals are on top of your game so any help will be appreciated...

this is the best deal i've found...
http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=93&parents=84,86
BEST VALUE PACKAGE-EOTech Model 512 With GG&G Accucam $383.00

If anyone has any other sources i could look at that would be great..thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup.. that's going to be about the best "New" deal you'll find. And next time KingAirDriver gets a decent layover in Denver, I'm going to let him shoot a few different EOT setups and he's gonna wish he'd got that ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you are wanting to use the GG&G mount then yes that is a great deal. :cool:
What do you mean? Is this a bad mount? I recently bought a Stag Arms M3 (flat top) and I'm looking at the EO Tech 512 and 551. Is this the mount I want? I do want to co-witness with iron sights (which I also have to purchase). Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you mean? Is this a bad mount? I recently bought a Stag Arms M3 (flat top) and I'm looking at the EO Tech 512 and 551. Is this the mount I want? I do want to co-witness with iron sights (which I also have to purchase). Thanks
GG&G makes good stuff :D

What I meant was if you are looking to buy both the EO and the Accucam that "package" it is a great deal.
The GG&G Accucam adds NO height to the EOTech keeping the "absolute"
style of co-witness.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GG&G makes good stuff :D

What I meant was if you are looking to buy both the EO and the Accucam that "package" it is a great deal.
The GG&G Accucam adds NO height to the EOTech keeping the "absolute"
style of co-witness.
I see, thanks. I regular EO out of the box (not part of a package deal) comes with what kind of mount, if any?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see, thanks. I regular EO out of the box (not part of a package deal) comes with what kind of mount, if any?

The EOTech has a built in mount, secures with either an allen screw or a thumb screw. The GG&G mount is a quick detach setup.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Or the RRA domintor mount, 1.3 cowitness and BUIS. Like mine, sure you will too.

And like shipwreck, I like EOtechs, too. 512 with RRA domintor on AR, 552 on CX4. I also work for L3 comm, CSW so no not thte EOtech div, but they still offer great discounts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've got a 220 riser (.330" rise), works fine with the EOT magnifier but not the LaRue Po' Boy. I've ordered a YHM .5" 4" 1913 rail coming to hopefully resolve that. What I don't like about the 220 is the fact that you're stuck with the one position on the mount and it forces you to leave a space behind the EOT, I'm assuming this was by design.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just out of curiousity....why are you trying to eliminate or reduce the ability to co-witness? Isn't the EO Tech designed to be used in conjuntion with the front sight? Don't you buy a BUIS to use through the clear glass of the EO if it fails? It seems if you raise the EO too high and take the BUIS and front sight out of the picture (pun intended) then you are sh%t out of luck if the EO fails.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It will cowitness with your BUIS. The reticle will be in the very center of your EOTech window. When you look over your BUIS through the window, the reticle will be in the top 1/3 of your window.

If you mount a 1/4" riser (eg. LaRue LT-110), the cowitness will sit in the bottom 1/3 of your window but when you look over your BUIS, the reticle will be in the dead center of your window.

At least that is the way I understand it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts