AR15 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am completely new to the AR platform and talked my dad into buying one today. Our dealer knocked the price from $1399 down to $1099 plus a $100 mail in rebate, leaving the total cost at $999 for the M&P. I am assuming this is a great deal and plan on ordering mine tomorrow. The only reason I didnt order it today, is because I wanted to pick the brains of some more experienced individuals, which is why I am here right now. Also, I would like some information on break in. Is it necessary, and if it is, what is the correct process? What would be the drawbacks to owning the M&P if any? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for helping a newb out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems high to me. Sounds like the shop has high prices, which they chop for you to make you a "deal." Depends on the model though. You should be able to call a couple local shops and ask for a price on the rifle. Shop around. See what you can find.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That MSRP is ridiculous. It's not like an S&W is some kind of a special AR. Someone elses parts, stamped S&W. The newest, least experienced AR brand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have the m&p 15 a and i could not be happier ,it is clean it has all the thins
some top notch maker has FSB marked F the true staked gas key
chrome stuff it is point on the target i shoot @ 300 rounds of reloads,,
soft points,, and WWB and some old loads of wolf ,,no issues ..
i got mine for 840 out the door it was on sale the rest @ Vegas was in the 999 price range it came with the case the 30 r. clip and the rebate for 2
more....so i would do it again it will last you as long as you have it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here in Corpus Christi,TX., Academy has them for about $1150 for a M4A3 w/ removable handle. Never did understand why they would hike the price like that. I don't even think that the Manufacturer sells there brand name rifles for that price. They also have a Bushmaster M4A2 for about $850.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In San Antonio at the gun show The M&P 15T was $1139 and M&P 15 was $847. All they are is Stag Arms (CMT) with S&W lazered on them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats not true
Yes it is. CMT makes parts for some major manufacturers (Bushmaster, RRA, S&W and some others). CMT sells their own rifles under the Stag Arms brand. Hence, a S&W M&P is basically a rebranded Stag Arms rifle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it is. CMT makes parts for some major manufacturers (Bushmaster, RRA, S&W and some others). CMT sells their own rifles under the Stag Arms brand. Hence, a S&W M&P is basically a rebranded Stag Arms rifle.
what ?? i was talking money wise?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That MSRP is ridiculous. It's not like an S&W is some kind of a special AR. Someone elses parts, stamped S&W. The newest, least experienced AR brand.
Depends on which model of M&P15 it was. If it was the 15T, it was a pretty good deal.

Also the M&P rifles have LMT BCGs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it was the tacticool model and he bought a lot of them to pass on the good
deal to use ,,,so that was nice

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was reading another site when I came across this: GT Distributors.
If you go to the Manufacturers page then S&W you'll get the other rifles prices. Lower then I've seen price wise.
And I'll have to agree that S&W M4s are made by CMT.

I went looking some more on the link above, seems their LEO prices, sorry.
I also stand corrected on CMT, found out from a dealer taht S&W are in house now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Vances in columbus Ohio M&P 15 is $799, M&P 15A is $819, M&P 15 Tactical is $1149 all prices after a $100 thats normal running prices.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All they are is Stag Arms (CMT) with S&W lazered on them.
That was pretty much true...back when S&W first started selling the M&P15's. Now, they make about 80% of their AR's In-House. That includes the lowers and barrels. The BCG is LMT.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts