AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TrijiconTA33R-8 3x30 ACOG with Red Chevron Reticle. I liked it when I first got it but after my second trip to the range I really like it.

It is compact, light weight has Dual Illumination Red Chevron .223 Ballistic Reticle and a long eye relief. I really picks up light too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats man. ACOG glass is addicting, most people do not realize how really addicting it is. If I had a choice of just one optic it would be an ACOG.

I already have 2 ACOGs, a TA01NSN and a TA-11F, a still plan to pick up a TA33. Only thing I don't like about the TA-33 is the small Field of View. Also the eye relief of the TA33 is not as good as the TA-11. But regardless I still want one just for the fact that it is light and small and it comes with that high def ACOG glass! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have never shot out of an acog, but it is one of my fav's and I would love to buy one to try it out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on the ACOG :cool: and nice carbine :grin:

As EricCartmann says they are addicting....I won't say how many I have, but I can count them on one hand ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! Someday when I'm done suffering from EBRD, buying assorted guns & ammo I'll get an ACOG..... Probably going to be awhile.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice...Prepare to not buy anything else for a while, you're going to want to buy a fullsize ACOG next.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
saw some at the gun show today. wanted $1300 :shock: its the first time id looked at and held one. very nice!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^^^^

I just put one of those on my first AR, a S&W M&P15T. Haven't had a chance to get it to the range, but I do like it so far!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To me the perfect ACOG is the TA-11F. BAC is easy to use and is very fast. You have to try it out to believe it. It is a lot faster than the TA01 and TA31 series due to the extra 1" of eye relief. That is the only fault I can find with the TA01/TA31 is the very short eye relief.

But in general all ACOGs are good and you will not be dissapointed with any of them. It is ony when you try them side by side is where you will nitpick.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What is with that liquid filled bar thats on the ACOGs?
actually it is not liquid. it is just a fiber optic used to gather light for day time use. ACOGs do not use batteries so the fiber is used to make the reticle illuminated that is bright and red. you will find the fiber optic on TA31's, TA33's, and TA11's. The TA01 series do not have BAC so they do not use the fiber.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
actually it is not liquid. it is just a fiber optic used to gather light for day time use. ACOGs do not use batteries so the fiber is used to make the reticle illuminated that is bright and red. you will find the fiber optic on TA31's, TA33's, and TA11's. The TA01 series do not have BAC so they do not use the fiber.
Thanks for explaining it EC.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts