AR15 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bipod I got requires me to take the forearm off to place a plate inside it to screw the bipod to.

The problem is that I don't know how to get the forearm off. It is a two piece 6 3/4" forearm and I don't have the delta ring tool.
Do I have to have the tool to get the forearm off?
Any other suggestions?

How does the rail strips(picatinnay) mount to the forearm? Should I go ahead get them now knowing that I have to take the forearm off to begin with?

Thank You in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is the handguard/forearm you are referring to the stock (polymer) one? If so just pull back on the delta ring, and pop each half off; it'll be tough, but you don't need a special tool.

The rails IIRC bolt on through the holes in the forearm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive never had to use a tool on mine.Of course make sure its unloaded,then just place the butt end on the floor then take your hands and push down the ring.After its down,hold it with one hand and remove the forearm with the other.Always works for me....As far as the rail your talking about.After the forend is off.It is simply attached with screws,through the top or bottom of the forend.Also there is heat sheilds in there that you have to take out,but they just pop in and out.
The bipod I got requires me to take the forearm off to place a plate inside it to screw the bipod to.

The problem is that I don't know how to get the forearm off. It is a two piece 6 3/4" forearm and I don't have the delta ring tool.
Do I have to have the tool to get the forearm off?
Any other suggestions?

How does the rail strips(picatinnay) mount to the forearm? Should I go ahead get them now knowing that I have to take the forearm off to begin with?

Thank You in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm to tired to try it tonihg tbut will let you all know how it went tomorrow.

Thank you all very much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Best method is the buddy system. Pull down on the delta ring, while your helper frees the two halves. New HG's can be especially challenging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts