AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well finally got them today, I picked up 2 sequential numberd lowers. he ordered 6 and all of them were in order so I got the 45 and 46 I told him to sale the 44 last as he sales them so if I decide to get a third I can have 3 in a row, now I just need to save money for the uppers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on a scale of 1-10 ,10 being the hardest ,,,,i see springs and pins an what not,,how hard would it be to build one and would it be worth it ,,or just buy
one,,or is it preference.
thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
on a scale of 1-10 ,10 being the hardest ,,,,i see springs and pins an what not,,how hard would it be to build one and would it be worth it ,,or just buy
thanks
its not hard to put a lower together. this was my first one I did and it took me around 30 min of witch 10 of them I was looking for the disconnector spring that rolled off my desk :oops: , if you want to know how everything works and like to say you built it you build it your self, its not really cheaper or anything to do it this way you just get to use what you want on there the first time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks
Before I built my AR, I'd never done anything more than field strip and clean a handgun. When I got the itch to have an AR, I decided to build it and buy parts over time. With the help of the AR15.com write up and cussing at certain parts (pivot pin detent/spring), it only took me about an hour to put everything together. Be forewarned, I just built it for the learning experience but now I've got the itch to build 2-3 more from the ground up (including a clone of the MK 12 SPR).

It's very, very addicting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Before I built my AR, I'd never done anything more than field strip and clean a handgun. When I got the itch to have an AR, I decided to build it and buy parts over time. With the help of the AR15.com write up and cussing at certain parts (pivot pin detent/spring), it only took me about an hour to put everything together. Be forewarned, I just built it for the learning experience but now I've got the itch to build 2-3 more from the ground up (including a clone of the MK 12 SPR).

It's very, very addicting.
thats why I got 2 lowers right away, and im doing the same thing just buying parts as I get money, really I didnt think the detent spring was all that bad, it was the hardest part yes. I just used a small needle nose plyers to hold the detent and get it started, I used my pocket knife to push it the rest of the way in and put the pin in place.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im still really tempted to run back and get the 44 recever, it would be nice to have 3 recevers with numbers in a row

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You might as well go get it.........You can build it when ever you get the funds....but you will never be able to get 3 ser# in a row:cool:

haha.....I bet Im not helping:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With the help of the AR15.com write up and cussing at certain parts (pivot pin detent/spring)
heres a quick littel trick i found worked perfect and was very very quick like maybe 30 seconds quick.

get the largest size allen wrench you can fit in the pivot pin hole 5.5mm worked great put the spring in and pushed it down in the hole with the detent pin using your finger then pushed the allen wrench all the way through until it pushes your finger out of the way and is holding the detent pin down. then just line up the pivot pin and use it to push the allen wrench back out until the pivot pin is in place.

word of advice be sure you put a plastic baggy over over the lower receiver to catch any flying parts if you accidentally let go of the detent pin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
word of advice be sure you put a plastic baggy over over the lower receiver to catch any flying parts if you accidentally let go of the detent pin.
Yeh, I'm going to use that trick when I build my next one (SPR clone anyone :twisted:). Really though, that was the toughest part of the build.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lethal93ta, yer screwed now! I'll bet you already got that 3rd lower! And +100000000000000000000000000 on the addiction part! I've built both my ARs and all I can think about is my next build. My first was from a matched cast Oly set, lower and upper in the A1 configuration. Every piece was put in it by me. Now it has morphed into a heavy bbl. 20" Mil. spec. flattop with a scope, and single rail gas block. Hell, I even make my own three point slings! Yeah, I got it bad!:twisted:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im still really tempted to run back and get the 44 recever, it would be nice to have 3 recevers with numbers in a row
well if you decide you dont want it you will have no problem selling it. but if you dont get it and decide later you want it then you wont be able to
i would say go get it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts