AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a chance to shoot a M16A1 today on full auto!!:D My dept. just received about 9 of them. I gotta say that it was an absolute blast!!!:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got to fire a full auto MP5 when I was in High School. My dad was on the county swat team and I got to go watch them at the range sometimes. It was fun to say the least. Though I didn't hit much.

After I got out of High school and went into the Marine Corps everyone gets to shoot the M240G at Marine Combat Training. That was a hoot. Got to go though half a belt on trucks, tanks, ect.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I was a teen, I had the opportunity to fire off an M60. Rattled the teeth out of my head!! And I wanted another go! :D

Never had a chance to try an assault rifle on full auto, but I think it could be fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got to fire a MAC10 SMG ... 9mm :) (or was that MAC11?)

burp burp burp and its done, what a blast - takes more time to load the magazines:cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweeeeeeeet, i haven't shot an M16 on full auto in almost 20 years

just curious why did your dept buy such old weapons i thought those were phased out in the late 80's? and opted for the A2 with three round burst

do they still make the A1 i am assuming not since it still has the old style triagle hand guards

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unfortunately, I won't get issued one of these, cuz I carry my own Bushy AR15 so they won't let me have two rifles....:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's been 20 years since I fired one of those full-auto.(Army)

I have got to shoot my buddy's NFA licensed Uzi Full Auto, MAC-10 and MAC-11 full autos. we take them out a couple times a year, when we can afford the ammo.

Anyhow, I love the grin on your face, MGD!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unfortunately, I won't get issued one of these, cuz I carry my own Bushy AR15 so they won't let me have two rifles....:(

The full auto feature is mostly useless anyway. With the age and sights on those A1s your Bushmaster is most likely a far superior weapon. Unless ya'll plan on doing some squad rushes sometime soon in which case an SAW is much more effective than an M16 on full auto.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweeeeeeeet, i haven't shot an M16 on full auto in almost 20 years

just curious why did your dept buy such old weapons i thought those were phased out in the late 80's? and opted for the A2 with three round burst

do they still make the A1 i am assuming not since it still has the old style triagle hand guards
Its a govt program, to help defray the costs of major firepower for the depts that dont have the budgets to procure such items. We have local depts that have full auto M14's and 16's, beats the hell out of giving them to some third world nation that would just end up shooting them at us. After the LA shootout someone was obviously using their heads and thought hey we have millions of these old A1's laying about taking up space and gathering dust, lets see if someone can use them. Suprisingly they seem to be sending out the ones in the best condition because all I've seen have been in pretty damn good shape.
Full Auto's Ive fired
H&K G3 and MP5 K & SD
M 16 A1
German MG3 modern MG42 in .308
US M 60
Belgian MAG 58 and FAL
Austrian AUG
German UZI with the full wood stock
suppressed Mac 10
US M2 .50 cal
M249 SAW
Walther MPL
AK 47
M1A Thompson
M3 greese gun
M14
The M14 and FAL were the hardest to control, MP5 SD was the most fun M1A Thompson was a dream to fire but was heavy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hell, slap a new upper on that bad boy and you've got a modern assault rifle :) Still an A1 is better than nothing or having to fork out your own cash to be able to keep up with the competition :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Our Chief got the rifles through a Government grant to assist small Dept.'s that otherwise don't have the money to spend on these types of rifles. There are about 10 Officers in my Dept. who purchased our own AR15 type rifles to carry if ever needed. However, just recently our Dept. quailfied for the grant which got 9 rifles. We didn't have a choice of what they sent us, but hey! Who's complaining!!

Our Dept. is already writing a new policy/procedure on the rifles and how Officers are NOT ALLOWED TO FIRE ON FULL AUTO......but it sure is fun to do at the range!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Our Dept. is already writing a new policy/procedure on the rifles and how Officers are NOT ALLOWED TO FIRE ON FULL AUTO......
In that case, what's the point of the department aqcuiring them if they won't let you use them when you get them?

Sorry, but that's the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Can anyone say COUNTERPRODUCTIVE?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts