AR15 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can have fun with airsoft and you can have fun with real guns. See how that works? I know this one group of airsofters with better tactical gear than these so called gun guys. They also do missions in the desert, humping and all with all their gear and supplies on their back. Most guys you see on gun forums are 15 to 100 lbs overweight.

I can't talk though, I myself am 10 lbs overweight and kinda out of shape, but once I get in shape, then I might consider joining those airsofters on one of their mission.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
careful there mvician, i might have to call you out on your "rico" knockoff surefire and your fakepoint mounted in what is probably NOT a genuine KAC offset mount.;)

:lol::lol::lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would want that fat guy on my side. I'd just ask him to stay about 10 yards away at all times since he will be the biggest target he will naturally be a bullet magnet. Our unit motto: fat guy stays here while the rest of us flank.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very easy to hate on others when all they are trying to do is have fun. That's the nature of the business I guess. Also it is so easy to pick on a helpless fat kid as oppose to the big bully next to you.

Now back to having fun... don't these airsofters look like they are having fun? :D

These guys do more than shoot off a bench and brag about their gear. They actually hump, manuever, and simulate real wargames stuff.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own any airsoft stuff but maybe someday. :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
careful there mvician, i might have to call you out on your "rico" knockoff surefire and your fakepoint mounted in what is probably NOT a genuine KAC offset mount.;)
:lol::lol::lol:

as you said....

"i DO however, have a box full of cheap crap that i wish i could trade for the money i originally spent on it."

the fakepoint is a SPOT and the mount is a whatever came with them, and yes that is a Rico :oops: Those were bought years ago before I learned to buy nice or pay twice. That SPOT is now in an Aimpoint QRP mount.

Now 90% (give or take) on here just want to tell me to stop pushing this or that when brand "xyz" is just as good when I try to explain to them what I've learned over the years...

Oh well......I give up trying to help :-?

PS....I wish I could locate a KAC cantilever for my KAC collection :D
For KAC mounts I have 2 of the 30mm Aimpoint "high" and 1 of the "low".
Just picked up the M110/SASS mount. :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very easy to hate on others when all they are trying to do is have fun. That's the nature of the business I guess. Also it is so easy to pick on a helpless fat kid as oppose to the big bully next to you.
Who is hating on who :?: You sure get defensive about a couple of pics,

sheesh................

and those airsofters look like they had their faces pasted on from other pics, something just doesn't look right with that picture.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Now back to having fun... don't these airsofters look like they are having fun? :D

These guys do more than shoot off a bench and brag about their gear. They actually hump, manuever, and simulate real wargames stuff.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own any airsoft stuff but maybe someday. :p
This might be the gayest bunch of oriental dudes ever! Nice fake beards. Think I'll stick with guys who shoot real guns instead of guys spending all kinds of cash on stuff that don't actually do anything. Are these guys serious???? I am seriously having a gut buster of a laugh here. Cartmann if this is you aspiration ... well good on you I guess ... he he he he he ho ho ho ho ho ha ha ha ha .... oh stop my tummy hurts ..... :p :p :p.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I did my time... but yeah sometimes I see these guys going out and doing pretend missions it is kinda cool.

Cartman back in the day:

And no this is not Airsoft! But we did pay this guy $5 so we could take a pic with us on his camels :cool:

Engineers lead the way!

Always nice finding a stash of AK's

C4 and banglore torpedo's anyone?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now 90% (give or take) on here just want to tell me to stop pushing this or that when brand "xyz" is just as good when I try to explain to them what I've learned over the years...

awww don't give up. i am sure one day i will learn and give up my cheap ACOGs for hq stuff like S&B.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
as you said....

"i DO however, have a box full of cheap crap that i wish i could trade for the money i originally spent on it."

the fakepoint is a SPOT and the mount is a whatever came with them, and yes that is a Rico :oops: Those were bought years ago before I learned to buy nice or pay twice. That SPOT is now in an Aimpoint QRP mount.

PS....I wish I could locate a KAC cantilever for my KAC collection :D
For KAC mounts I have 2 of the 30mm Aimpoint "high" and 1 of the "low".
Just picked up the M110/SASS mount. :cool:
heck, my box even contains some "high dollar" stuff that "high speed" folks swear by, but dont meet my personal expectations.

Case in point. Viking Tactics flashlight mount. Pat Rogers thinks it is great. i think it is a piece of crap. :confused:

Another: KAC vertical foregrip. garbage IMHO. never had to tighten a vfg more times in one shooting session.

YHM FF four rail handguard. poorly designed junk. anti-rotation brought to you by the letter "friction", ya no thanks. I had a "friction failure" while training, kinked the gas tube off center just enough that the carrier key would not seat home, and hense, neither would my bolt. that is what i call a "get you killed" malfuction, and completely unsat.

ergo brand AR pistol grip. what a waste. feels as awkward as a left boot on your right foot.

ACE socom collapsible stock, another poor design....anti rotation provided by set screws in a thin channel. SET SCREWS! guess what happens when you buttstroke with the stock? the set screws gouge the channel as the stock attempts to rotate around the buffer tube.... nothing like a tank-overbuilt design with one critical weak link.:?

badger ordinance gen1 tactical latch. nothing like a gut-stabbing gear-snagging hook hanging off the side of your carbine.

im gonna have to rummage through the box and get back to you with some more case-in-points.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
heck, my box even contains some "high dollar" stuff that "high speed" folks swear by, but dont meet my personal expectations.

Case in point. Viking Tactics flashlight mount. Pat Rogers thinks it is great. i think it is a piece of crap. :confused:

Aren't those the plastic mounts ?

Another: KAC vertical foregrip. garbage IMHO. never had to tighten a vfg more times in one shooting session.

Agree, still have a few of those in the box and on a carbine or two.
I like the TD, CQD, and my FUG came the other day :cool:

YHM FF four rail handguard. poorly designed junk. anti-rotation brought to you by the letter "friction", ya no thanks. I had a "friction failure" while training, kinked the gas tube off center just enough that the carrier key would not seat home, and hense, neither would my bolt. that is what i call a "get you killed" malfuction, and completely unsat.

never bought any YHM rails......

ergo brand AR pistol grip. what a waste. feels as awkward as a left boot on your right foot.

Agree...that was the first thing I did to my LMT lower was replace it with a MIAD.

ACE socom collapsible stock, another poor design....anti rotation provided by set screws in a thin channel. SET SCREWS! guess what happens when you buttstroke with the stock? the set screws gouge the channel as the stock attempts to rotate around the buffer tube.... nothing like a tank-overbuilt design with one critical weak link.:?

Agree...had one of those also, looks great but a bad design

badger ordinance gen1 tactical latch. nothing like a gut-stabbing gear-snagging hook hanging off the side of your carbine.

regular latches is what I stick with

im gonna have to rummage through the box and get back to you with some more case-in-points.

:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I'm done having fun for tonight :D
One more 3-11 shift tomorrow, then to midnights. ugh !

Goodnight and see you all tomorrow :twisted:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey I run a UTG fore grip! :mrgreen:

Ill replace it with a Tango down eventually. I need to find a used one though, $60 bucks is a tad steep.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey I run a UTG fore grip! :mrgreen:

Ill replace it with a Tango down eventually. I need to find a used one though, $60 bucks is a tad steep.
I sold 1 for $40 so I could buy 4 UTG's. I also gave away a $40 graphite forgrip with an upper to one of the members on this forum because it was not being used.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts