AR15 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
#^$&*@!^!* DANGIT! That's an awesome deal! Too bad I just spent my money on a new upper and upper parts for a build I'm doing!

I guess since you are "cured", you're spending a lot of time just looking for good deals huh?:wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#^$&*@!^!* DANGIT! That's an awesome deal! Too bad I just spent my money on a new upper and upper parts for a build I'm doing!

I guess since you are "cured", you're spending a lot of time just looking for good deals huh?:wink:
it is a good deal but I did not bite, only reason I know about it is the email notification. I am still cured trust me. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had good dealings with these guys. I bought my TLR-1 from them and a bunch of other stuff.

Another Heads up:

512 - Doesn't have night vision mode
552 - Does have night vision mode

Those are the only differences. Who the hell has NVG's at home anyway? Well I know a few people, but who needs em....... I'd get the 512 if I hade the coin....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EOTech 512.A65 Rev F at G&R Tactical

For $377 you get the same plus a Surefire G2. I would buy from G&R I highly recommend Grant and buy stuff from him on a regular basis. I bought my EoTech from him. Grant is the owner and the guy who answers the phone if you call. Not some pimple face pre-pubic teen who could care less, if that matters to you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a G2 is worth $30 tops, the TRL is over $80.

I've had good luck in the last 4 orders from Botach:cool:

FYI, sportsmansguide has an EoTech for $320

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have had good dealings with these guys. I bought my TLR-1 from them and a bunch of other stuff.

Another Heads up:

512 - Doesn't have night vision mode
552 - Does have night vision mode

Those are the only differences. Who the hell has NVG's at home anyway? Well I know a few people, but who needs em....... I'd get the 512 if I hade the coin....
Yeah I agree the 552 is a waste of money as the 512 even works with NVG. I tried it and it works, but from what I hear, what makes the 552 more desireable with NVG is that other guy can see the glow from your 512 if he happens to have NVG's too.

As for Botach: I had bad dealings with them before, one time I had to wait a month because of a back order, and they even charged my card! But then I figured out if I call first to check if they have it in stock, then transaction will always be 100%.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those bastards couldn't have had this deal 2 months ago when I bought a 552 from them?!?!?!?
I hate it when that happens....

As for Botach: I had bad dealings with them before, one time I had to wait a month because of a back order, and they even charged my card! But then I figured out if I call first to check if they have it in stock, then transaction will always be 100%.
Botach deals a lot with over stocks and huge bulk buying. So a lot of the reason people have bad dealings with them is because they have such an awesome deal (like a pair of 5.11's for $10, I've seen that before), and people buy them up. Either their size color or what have you. So people get pissed because Botach will cancel their order cause they don't have it anymore.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looking at this month's Shotgun News, I saw some EoTech 511 for $299.
Beware of the ebay items, (not saying that your's is a problem), but there seems to be a flood of clones coming in from China.

Cheers,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think even without the free light I would pay the $100 extra for the 512 because of longer battery life and it uses standard AA.

Also the TLR1 mounts nicely on a weapon with the switch very accessable without being too accessiable where you would have an accidental discharge.

Here is a pick of my TLR2 mounted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts