AR15 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for a LPK for an AR. Anyone know where I can find them cheap? Also, the cheapest stock I could find was a 4 position from www.cheaperthandirt.com for $29.99. New or used is not an issue.

If anyone has found cheaper prices, please do tell. I have a lower that's just sitting there doing nothing and I want to build it into a 9mm SBR.

I'm going to concentrate on the lower only for now.

Hardwarz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hardwarz, the $30 collapsible you saw is probably the old CAR type and you won't likely find a lower price. Maybe you could find a company selling them that doesn't charge $10 shipping, but the price of the stock/buffer and spring, $30 or so is about the least you'll find one for ordering it from somewhere. I used to have one of those and honestly the stock was pretty loose and sloppy on the tube compared to other collapsibles I've used.

I know that RRA and Colt makes a 9mm gun, but you'll have to modify the trigger assembly to get it to work with a standard lower. But Olympic also makes an upper that doesn't require special trigger parts, so if you're wanting to use a different caliber with the registered lower besides 9mm on occasion EASILY, I think that Olympic would be the way to go there.

If you haven't sent in your form 1 yet to the NFA branch, you can list alternate calibers (besides the 9mm you're wanting to do) so you can have different uppers for it and aren't nailed down to just one caliber. It's just one of the extra bonuses choosing an AR to SBR--so many choices ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts