AR15 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want your recommendation for the most kickass 1" diameter LED weapon light for my AR for CHEAP (under$40). Much thanks. :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't remember the diameter of it but I will recommend the Surefire G2, especially the G2L. I have the G2L on my AR in a Vltor mount and it is awesome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Uh, so what is it. We want one too!
I have the X5 as a night stand light and it's freaking bright. So I looked to see if they had a tactical light and they did.:)

Inova T1

I went with the T1 because it's small and light-weight. I hope it works as well as the X5.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't remember the diameter of it but I will recommend the Surefire G2, especially the G2L. I have the G2L on my AR in a Vltor mount and it is awesome.
I got the G2L with the Vltor mount for Christmas and it is exactly as quoted above....Awesome;) Highly Recommended

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And if you are buying ANYTHING surefire and you aren't buying it from Calvin at BrightFlashlights, you ARE paying too much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
+1 On the Surefire G2 LED, with a 10 hour run time, it is one amazing light.

I originally purchased it for my AR to use with the Viking Tactics Light Mount, but after testing it out, it quickly became my daily carry light.

I am in the same boat as you are, and currently doing research on a cheap but reliable & effective LED light for my AR. A good place that has answered many of my light questions is:

CandlePowerForums - Powered by vBulletin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the X5 as a night stand light and it's freaking bright. So I looked to see if they had a tactical light and they did.:)

Inova T1

I went with the T1 because it's small and light-weight. I hope it works as well as the X5.
I use the Inova T3 on my AR. I got the remote pressure switch as well and mounted that to the vertical grip. It is a very bright light and is robust and well made. The only downside to the LED type light in my experience is that the light seems somewhat diffuse for lack of a better term. My Surefire 6P with the Xenon bulb is also quite bright but is a much more defined type light. If it came down to needing to see as much definition as I could of a subject at say 40 yards then I'd want the Surefire. If I wanted to shine a light down my hallway the Inova would be just fine.

EDTA: I was just browsing the Inova website and noticed that the T3 now is rated at 150 lumens which is nearly double my T3 that was advertised as 80 lumens when I bought it several years ago. Anyone know what's up with that? Advances in LED technology?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I want your recommendation for the most kickass 1" diameter LED weapon light for my AR for CHEAP (under$40). Much thanks. :cool:
There are lots of cheap Surefire clones on Ebay for that price. You should read up on the reviews on candle power forums.

Go to Ebay and do a search of Solarforce. They make a Surefire 6P clone flashlight and you can buy a drop in light depending on what you're looking for. The Q5 and R2 lights with the dropins are less than $35.

Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I recently bought a Pentagon L2 from Bright Flashlights and I love it. It's light-weight and sturdy.

BTW, Bright Flashlights is the way to go. The service was top notch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts