AR15 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my Bushy. Help me pick out a bipod for her. Need something cheap and dependable that will mount on rail. Any suggestions welcomed.
Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anymore crap on that thing and you might as well mount it to a Humvee. :lol:

J/K but are you serious?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anymore crap on that thing and you might as well mount it to a Humvee. :lol:

J/K but are you serious?
I am just trying to make it heavier in case I run out of ammo so I can use it as a club to beat up the zombies during the jihad!;)

yes...just a bipod & an eotech and I'll be done...
...and then I can buy another one & share some parts... oh...oh...gun show next weekend in Indy!
I have the sickness...must have more gun stuff...must have more guns!:cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am just trying to make it heavier in case I run out of ammo so I can use it as a club to beat up the zombies during the jihad!;)

yes...just a bipod & an eotech and I'll be done...
...and then I can buy another one & share some parts... oh...oh...gun show next weekend in Indy!
I have the sickness...must have more gun stuff...must have more guns!:cool:
Have you seen that bipod that comes down out of the VFG? Its called grip-pod if I'm not mistaken. I would go with one of them to cut down on the weight. I'm not sure where you would mount a traditional bipod.

+1 on the Eotech. I need one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can snag a used GP for under $100... DO NOT buy the nock off ChiCom version.. just don't do it. Buy get a GP, better than adding more weight with a rail adapter and a BP. You won't notice a grip change because that big honkin VFG you have on there is pretty damn close to the GP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DO NOT buy the nock off ChiCom version.. just don't do it. Buy get a GP
Come on....we've been down this road before.....my $35 Chinese knock off "Grip Pod" look-a-like performs just fine. Of course, it ain't rated to hold 158 lbs. like the real GP......but who the heck is planning on putting 158 lbs. on top of their rifle while the legs are extended??:confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Come on....we've been down this road before.....my $35 Chinese knock off "Grip Pod" look-a-like performs just fine. Of course, it ain't rated to hold 158 lbs. like the real GP......but who the heck is planning on putting 158 lbs. on top of their rifle while the legs are extended??:confused:
That's your choice man, but I've seen strange things happen and I'd rather than component be able to handle the abuse than crumple and go to crap. I got mine for $75, good deals can be had and for less than a Harris setup. Not to say that the Harris setup is a bad idea or even a bad product (I use Harris BP's on my bolt gun), but why not buy once and cry once?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most Waly World stores carry rock mount bi-pods. Should run in the $40 range. You'd likely need a stud adapter though.

Not cheap, but have you looked at the Tango down bi-pod?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well if you want a regular bipod get a harris
but there is also a company that uses the forhand grip as the bipod but i dont know who makes it but a search on google shouldnt take too long

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Command Arms makes the grip pod... and they also make a pivot grip pod for a bit more. Just incase your wondering they are tough as heck, My brother in the Marines has one on his rifle and loves it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CAA makes some pretty good polymer stuff and theirs is called the Pod Grip, lists at $120 .. I think I'll stay with my GripPod .. really prefer to spend my money with an American company if it at all makes sense, and this does.

The Versa-pod has been around for a long while.. I think, but am not sure, that it was developed for the Accuracy International rifle systems. Most folks that use it like it because of the stud that sits in the AI chassis. I don't think I'd spend the $245+ that Rock River wants for it (RRA's online store doesn't exactly have good pricing), there were some issues with the stud snapping or bending a few years ago. I believe that was a short term issue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts