AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
im not a total newbie when it comes to AR's i own a bushmaster and a RRa but ive decided to buy a lower and upper. i thought i had decided on a stag lower from den-ton for $225 complete with 6 position stock but now i hear from some people they are not as good as they use to be and LMT and colt are the way to go,plus you have sundevil, Lauer Custom ,Noveske, SABRE Defence

my other rifles are for plinking and takeing potshots at *****,what i want is to build a M4 that can be my SHTF gun .

im sure everyone has thier own favorite brand but is there any pluses to any of these lowers that might give them the edge???????

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
lower is a lower as far as I can tell the only problem i have really herd of is the upper and lower finishes not matching so much.
I would stick with RRA and Bushmaster, if some time you sell they will get better prices and sell faster.

Side note, why are you always posting so late?!
I do it b/c I have no job and hate to sleep :mrgreen: but the sand man is calling my name SOB wont leave me alone. He always catches me, some times when I least expect it:mad:

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
A lower is a lower is a lower. I have a Stag, an RRA and two Essential Arms lowers. Basically no difference between them... At all.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a Stag as well and, while I've only had it a few weeks and have only shot it once, I've found that it is very solid, fit well and had an excellent finish. I don't think you'd go wrong with it at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Olympic has historically had some QA issues with tolerances.. but I can't speak to them directly. Personal preference wise, I really like the Spikes Tactical and Mega.. but can't see where RRA, STAG, LMT or the others with a good solid LPK would be a bad choice either.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
A lower is a lower is a lower. I have a Stag, an RRA and two Essential Arms lowers. Basically no difference between them... At all.

as far as a stripped lower goes nearly all of them are going to be built the same and to nearly the same quality as far as fit and finish, and are all going to cost roughly the same price (stripped) what is going to make the biggest difference is going to be the LPK (lower parts kit) and Stag makes some of the best there is (unless you are colt fanatic) i have a DPMS with a DMPS LPK and I just ordered a Stag LPK from ranier for $80.00 shipped to replace it all.

so i guess we should have asked a few more questions before throwing answers out there.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
lower is a lower as far as I can tell the only problem i have really herd of is the upper and lower finishes not matching so much.
I would stick with RRA and Bushmaster, if some time you sell they will get better prices and sell faster.
a lower is a lower you are correct but the LPK is what will make the differnce, if he is going to just purchase a stripped lower and build it up then he might as well just save a few bucks and by a CMT lower as they actually make the ones for BM, S&W and i believe RRA as well. only difference is going to be the name.

while your lower may effect the price it wont be by much the upper is what is going to dictate the price. and were quality parts are going to be the most crucial.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Get a stripped lower from superior arms and build it to suit your needs, choice of stock, trigger, grip, ect. Great quality and at around 100 a great deal too. I'm starting to get the parts together for a superior build upper and lower, hopefully will have it done before the next election.:(

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
I build a lot of ARs usually with Stag Lowers,5 in the last month.I am very pleased with them and never had a problem, they ship on time.Name brand lowers are pretty much all the same as long as the holes are where they are supposed to be, your in good shape.I also buy a lot of stuff from http://www.del-ton.com/ great to deal with Good Luck Larry www.gun-works.com

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Stag is actually a very good choice. They use mil-spec buffer tubes while RRA and Bushy do not.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
I am really, really new to AR format, but the guys at the gun store were in AWE of my CMMG lower.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
I have a a stag lower for my build Im doing, I ordered a LPK from del-ton there just waiting on my right handed ergo sure grip to ship it out.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
i like my supierior arms lower
most lowers are pretty much the same
mine has an overtravel adjustment screw right next to the hold that the grip screw goes to

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
I bought a sabre defence because it's what my local shop already had on order when i stopped to ask about them.

No complaints. It's forged and all parts fit fine. Mag well isn't too tight or anything either.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts