AR15 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 14 weeks I finally got my SBR stamp back yesterday. I went and got my upper yesterday afternoon and put it on the registered lower. And here it is!

Unfortunately, in the 14 weeks I waited for the stamp, I changed my mind about a couple things (Hence the "v1" in the thread title ;)). I've already got a new forend, gas block and muzzle brake to put on it, and I am awaiting my Troy BUIS to finish it off.

In a nutshell (as it sits right now):
  • Stag Arms (SBR Registered) Lower
  • Jard 4# single-stage trigger
  • DPMS 11.5" 5.56 Upper (chrome-lined)
  • 4-rail FFT
  • 4-rail gas block
  • Magpul CTR
  • Enidine ARrestor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
14 weeks!!!! nooooooooooo !

well the reason im so upset is that i am waiting on my tax stamp for my AOW and im at week 8 or so and i am getting really impatient! nothing is worse then buying a gun two months ago and not being able to shoot it!

well that is a very nice looking rifle i am very jealous

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i have a question:

so can you buy an ar-15 pistol and then submit your SBR paper work and keep it as a pistol until the stamp comes back and then just add the stock when it gets there.

i really want an ar-15 SBR and it would be really nice if i could have it as a pistol while i was waiting for the tax stamp. that way i could still have a gun during the wait for the stamp instead of having it sit in the gun store like mine is right now

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good on ya, Hooz! I know you've been working on it for a while. Looks great, looking forward to seeing V2 (or 1.2 or whatever you want to name it :p).

And yes you can, Roger. You have to get it engraved still, but you can turn a pistol into an SBR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an MI 10" FFT, Vltor low-profile gas-block and a PWS FSC556 waiting in the wings for v2 ;)

Once I got this stamp back yesterday, I also threw my Form 1 in the mail for my next project... An 11" Remington 870! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is just sweet......

I really want to do such a thing....of course i have to wait ......cause we are trying to build a house.....all money goes there for now.

nice rig!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just finished setting up my Trust last week and will be filling out the form 1 this weekend so that i can get it and my check in the mail first thing monday morning. so I guess if your wait time is typical i will have a few months to get the money together for my upper, :grin:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was, but that didn't make the wait any easier! ;)

I'll be sure to bring it to the next XDTalk shoot so you can fondle it for yourself. :D

Nice, Ill bring my new .204 build, its getting close to being done. i ordered a bolt last thursday, just need a lower now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I figured I should post some pictures of v2.0 of my SBR build. Changes since v1.0 include:

- YHM low-profile gas block
- MI FF Railed Forend
- PWS FSC556 flash-hider/muzzle brake
- Badger Tac-Latch

Still absent from the pictures are my BUIS (YHM flip-ups). It shoots like a champ!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Droooooollllll.... I LOVE IT! Looks in wallet... needs $160 more for an SBR stamp and a grand to finish my current project. :(

The stamp designates the lower as a semi-auto SBR, right? Does that mean you can swap out uppers if you wanted to? Ex. a short barreled .308 or .22?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The stamp designates the lower as a semi-auto SBR, right? Does that mean you can swap out uppers if you wanted to? Ex. a short barreled .308 or .22?
Yep. The lower is the registered part. You can list multiple calibers and barrel lengths when you send in your paperwork for the stamp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On the app., can you list it as full auto, as well?

You think they might get suspicious if you said the lower would be a full auto SBR with a 1"-16" Barrel, chambered for .22 - .50? ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts