AR15 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They have a mfg. or a reseller place an order for a number of rifles to be laser etched or roll stamped or otherwise marked w/ the logo of choice and then "sell" them through said mfg. or reseller and make money off the licensing of the logo.

And yes, you can do something like that to yours. You would need to find a local trophy shop or tool shop w/ an engraving device (in this case a laser) and give them the logo you would like engraved on the receiver.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They have a mfg. or a reseller place an order for a number of rifles to be laser etched or roll stamped or otherwise marked w/ the logo of choice and then "sell" them through said mfg. or reseller and make money off the licensing of the logo.

And yes, you can do something like that to yours. You would need to find a local trophy shop or tool shop w/ an engraving device (in this case a laser) and give them the logo you would like engraved on the receiver.

Lol - I think he's more interested in how, exactly, a folding stock works on an AR15. I, too, am a little confused about this and want to know more!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol - I think he's more interested in how, exactly, a folding stock works on an AR15. I, too, am a little confused about this and want to know more!
I was wondering the same too. I guess no buffer and spring? ouch!

Then again it might be like the Para FAL's where the recoil spring is part of the upper.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
... kinda a cross between and AK and FAL gas system on to of an AR barrel/lower. Its supposed to keep the fouling from getting into the reciever like a regular AR gas assembly does. One of the better features is the recoil spring is forward of the bolt, so you dont need a standard buffer/spring/tube, thus allowing a folding stock to be fitted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i would love an ar pistol but i really think it looks dumb with the buffer tube so if you had a piston it would look very cool

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was looking at the YHM link. I'm guessing that since it's gas piston, you can adj the pressure that cycles the bolt.

If you can adj the pressure cycling the bolt, you can reduce it.

If you can reduce the pressure, you can use lighter recoil spings.

Since they are using a folding stock, that would mean that the bolt carrier is abbrivated (shorter) If it were a standard bolt carrier, it wouldn't cycle without the buffer tube.

With a shorter bolt carrier, the lighter buffer spring can go into the upper receiver and close down on to the lower.

Of course I don't know 100%, but this would be my best guess.

Hardwarz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I was close. Bolt is abbrivated, but the spring is up in the charging handle.

This is a picture from the YHM ZM instruction manual on the website.

Hardwarz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, I was close. Bolt is abbrivated, but the spring is up in the charging handle.

This is a picture from the YHM ZM instruction manual on the website.

Hardwarz
The spring is where the gas tube should run, like other piston uppers. It rides on the outside of the carrier key piston. I saw it all on ShootingUSA. The little half moon thingy #29 holds it all in place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts