AR15 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i fondled and shot my bother inlaws yugo underfolder ..and it felt nice.i might have to buy a cheap wasr to throw in the trunk..

.please dont tell my bushie!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same thing happened to me. A friend ordered a Romanian "AK" and I got a chance to handle it and such and I must say that I liked the way the AK handled (felt lighter than my AR, shouldered nicely, sights weren't horrible . . . definitely a nice weapon). I'll have to order one soon.

Now, hopefully it doesn't try to pick a fight with his Bushie and my Franken-AR when they're in the safe together.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been deciding where to start first if I want an AK or an AR. I think I can jump into an AK cheaper off the get go, so was leaning that way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the $400 AK is what you can afford, then get it. Not much really wrong with them.

I'm personally looking to snag an AK Pistol as the trunk/bob gun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would rather buy a $800 to a $1000 Ak..ive always liked qaulity over quantity..but i want a cheap rifle i can shoot and throw in the trunk without cleaning and slog thru the woods and not mind it laying in the mud..
i just cant do that with my bushie or lmt.. i baby them to much.

i could abuse a cheap wasr i couldnt do it to an arsenal.. go figure:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats what I did- bought a wasr-10-63 ( better fit and quality ) 500 bucks. This thing runs through the ammo like no tomorrow and I dont have to worry about the finish- I can crawl through a muddy ditch- throw it on the ground- and I dont care if it gets a scratch. The thing about it is - If I choose to to this-when I pick it up it is going to shoot every time- thats what I like about it- it's an Ak- not a show piece or a safe queen. It's made for one thing only- combat and hard use.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i fondled and shot my bother inlaws yugo underfolder ..and it felt nice.i might have to buy a cheap wasr to throw in the trunk..

.please dont tell my bushie!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Some future girlfriend or significant other... employer... whatever is going to find this and have serious questions about your fidelity. Take them to the range and they'll figure it out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What's a wasr? I wouldn't mind get an AK but I know nothing about them. What's a good brand, make or model to get for not 1000 bucks? Also is an AK-47 something different then the others? Like how this guy told me once that a Bushmaster isn't an AR-15 because only Colt made an AR-15.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
colt tried to trademark everything to do with stoners design..i think they sued bushmaster and some others for useing the term m4 witch is the armed forces designation for a ar-15 short barreled carbine..i do believe colt lost that one..im not a ak expert but i think the waser are cheaper aks that were made to exept only the 10 round mags but have been moded to exepyt high cap mags....i think im sure there are many experts that will clear it up

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I own 2 WASR's,dead relieable.I didnt buy them for "distance shooting" but at around 70-80 yards their great.Plus of course they will eat anything you throw in them.I will someday own a "higher" dollar AK but really in no hurry cause my WASR's are great.Hard to pass them up at funshows for $300 ya know ;).
What's a wasr? I wouldn't mind get an AK but I know nothing about them. What's a good brand, make or model to get for not 1000 bucks? Also is an AK-47 something different then the others? Like how this guy told me once that a Bushmaster isn't an AR-15 because only Colt made an AR-15.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts